Monday, July 14, 2014

Palette's Galore!

I have always talked about the palette's I use, but I've never showed you just how many palettes I own.  Now, I'm sure this is nothing compared to bigger bloggers who have a whole ton of palettes but I'm getting there.
First up is the Smashbox Full Exposure palette, this is also my newest purchase.  I love that it has matte and glitter colors because I love glitter/shimmer but need to learn how to use matte shadows to be more professional.  The texture of the shadows is soft and very blendable.  I also loved when I saw that it came with a brush, and a very nice brush at that!  It cost me $49 at Ulta and I personally think it was worth every penny.  It also came with a mini mascara and a chart as how to do the right shadow placement for your eye shape.

Now I know everyone and their mother has talked (and mainly raved) about the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette.  This was also my first foray into the Urban Decay palettes, now I want the other two.  The shadows are creamy and can be used in daytime and then changed into a smokier eye for night- all in one palette!  I again loved that it came with it's own brush which is very soft and gentle on the eyes.  Like the other two palette's, this set me back $54 but was totally worth it because I use at least one shadow from it every day.
The third palette is the Glinda palette, it comes with 8 colors (two split pans), an eyeliner and a lipstick (not pictured).  It has glitter and frost colors, which I love.  You can create a subtle day look and a bolder evening out look.  I don't remember how much I payed for it and unfortunately it's not available for purchase anymore because it was limited edition for the release of "The Great and Powerful Oz".


This is my BH Cosmetics Day to night palette.  I used this palette a lot when I was home from college because it was the only eyeshadow I had when home.  I like this because it is very obviously separated into what shadows are for day and what shadows are for night.  This is a whole mix of different finishes which I find really nice.  It comes with a little mirror and I got it on Haute Look for $8.

This is the BH cosmetics 120 eyeshadow palette, 2nd edition.  I like tis palette because it has so many bright and fun colors to play with.  I got this on Hautlook for $12.  The texture is a bit dry but it makes up for it in the pigment department. You can create a neutral eye or o for some fun blues or reds or purples, just to mix things up every once in a while.
This is another BH Cosmetics 120 palette but this is the third edition.  This palette is great for creating smokey eyes because of all of the dark colors on the bottom palette.  This is definitely a more toned down palette compared to the second edition.  Again the shadows are slightly chalky but do make up for it in pigments.  I got this from Hautelook (again) for around $12.
My final palette is, surprisingly, not and eyeshdow palette- it's a concealer/foundation palette that I got from Amazon for about $5.  I use this when I go to do photo shoots so that I will have a variety  of foundation and concealer choices.  They also have green and purple to cancel out flawed pigmentation and a clear, glittery highlighter shade.  I love having this palette handy that way I ca n make a custom colored concealer for my own very light skin.
What palette's do you own? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!