Saturday, July 26, 2014

Target and Ulta combined Haul!

 Today's blog is about the thing I love the most about blogging- trying new things or trying things that people swear by and use everyday.  So before we get to the haulin', here's a picture of Henry because he is with me every waking moment I'm at home.
Right now, all I'm going to do is show you what I bought, give one or two sentences about why I bought it, and move on to the next project.  I am doing it this way because I just got the products and haven't road tested them yet.
1. E.L.F. Tone Correcting powder: I've seen quite a few beauty bloggers that I follow rave about this product, so I figured why not.  For $3 I couldn't even get a quarter of the high end tone correctors and what in the world have I got to lose?
2. Maybelline Volum'Express Pumped Up mascara: I've seen commercial after commercial on this so I finally broke down and bought it.  I'm a marketing team's dream come true, you show me something that I might even partially want and eventually I will break down and buy it.
3. Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl liner in 005 Nude: For me, this is just a repurchase because mine is down to a little nub.  I love this eyeliner and will continue to repurchase it till kingdom come.
4. Sally Hansen Triple Shine nail lacquer in Seanic: I like the color.  Plus I've been eyeing this since the color was released.
5. Ponds Luminous Finish BB+ Cream in Light: I saw this talked about on another blog and decided to try it out the next time I saw it because it looks like it may actually suite my skintone.  Also, it was on Clearance so that made it a definite yes.
6. L'oreal True Match Lumi foundation in porcelain/Ivory: I have been searching high and low for this color ever since I saw an article done by one of my favorite bloggers where she compared it to the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation.
 7. Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 28: I picked this up on a whim but when I saw the color, which is a mid toned pink, I had to get it.  All of the pinks in my bag are bright bold pinks, so this will be nice to simmer thins down a bit.
8. Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in 240 Latino: I was so excited to see the moisture renew lipsticks on display because I've read so many great things about them.  I went with Latino because it is an earthy pink and is very pretty.
Now to Ulta!
9. NYX Dusk til Dawn eyeshadow palette: I have heard mixed reviews of these so I wanted to give it a go myself.  NYX has three palette's available and they're all more earthy and neutral tones, but they do have some shimmer to all of them.
10. Essence Metal Glam eyeshadows: I got the color 03 Frosted Apple (left) and 07 Golden Up! (right).  I have been wanting to try more Essence products since I first saw them at Ulta but each time I went in, nothing struck me but when I saw these glitter packed eyeshadows I knew I had found my first pieces in the collection.  Glitter=good.
11. Not Your Mother's Way to Grow leave in conditioner: I own the shampoo to this and could never find the conditioner for it until I went into Ulta's today.
12. Nails Inc. London Nail Lacquer: I have been dying to try Nails inc polishes since I saw them at Ulta.  I cannot recall the name of this lacquer at the moment but it is a bright coral/pink polish.
13. Ulta Lavender Woods hand cream: As I stated in a previous post, I love the scent of lavender and the scent of anything wood-like so as I was wandering around the store, my mom popped this in my basket because she knew that it was needed in my life.  Great call mom!
14. Maybelline Volum'Express Smoky eyes mascara in Blue Blaze (or was it Haze?): I was never one to jump on the colored mascara phenom but this was in the clearance aisle and seeing that my eyes have been a bit red as of late, I figured the blue mascara might help to even it out.
15. Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Coral Spark: I had looked at this color in Target but didn't pick it up.  Yet when I went to Ulta and saw that it was onsale for slightly more than a dollar, I figured the fates were calling to me, telling me to buy it.
16. Essence stay with me lipgloss: This was on clearance too, so I snatched it up because I've been looking for an inexpensive light pink lip gloss alternative to my signature bright red or bright pink.

17. Tweezerman mini tweazers: This is my proudest buy of this haul, I have always wanted Tweezerman tweezers but they are so darn expensive, I couldn't bring myself to do it.  But when I saw these in the clearance rack marked down to $7, I immediately grabbed them but when I went to the register they rang up as $3!! I could hardly believe my ears, I was just so excited.

Have you tried any of these products what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!