Saturday, July 19, 2014

I Am Iron *Woman*

With San Diego Comic Con coming up in the following week, I've decided to open this blog up to my nerd side and allow it to bleed through into my makeup.  For today's look, I used Iron Man as my inspiration.
 For my base I used my favorite drugstore foundation, the Revlon Photo Ready liquid foundation in 01 Ivory but I based that with the Revlon Photo Ready perfecting primer.  I used my beauty blender to splotch it around my face and then I used the Real Techniques buffing brush to blend it all into my skin and make it even.


 Next I used my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 003 Natural.  I've used this product so much, I've hit pan.  I used a brush that I had from an old Bare Minerals kit I had and used the brush to buff it into my skin and mattify the rest of my face.
For my blush I used my NARS blush in Super Orgasm because it has such a heavy gold glitter running through it.  I then used my Chocolate bronzer from  Too Faced to create the illusion of cheek bones and to slim my face.  I then used my brand new MAC mineralize Skinfinish in AB3 'Soft and Gentle'.  I love using this to illuminate my skin because it is a soft golden white shimmer, that's sheer but has a nice affect when applied to the skin.

For my eyes, I used my BH Cosmetics 2nd Edition 120 color palette.  I used the matte red in the red lineup and in the gold family I picked a very bright gold and bronzey color to highlight and add design to the eye.  I have discovered a new makeup brand called Espionage Cosmetics and one of the things they sell is loose pigment eyeshadow and so I chose the two colors that seemed to work best with this look.  Those colors are Guild Romance which is a gold shimmer and Not today which is a Red matte color.  From what I have seen swatched of these shadows, I can see they're very pigmented and at $7.50 a pop, that's not too bad for the amount that you get.  They also sell nail wraps and some lipglosses.  I can't wait to make my first purchase from this site! You can go to their website here and look at all of the products they offer.
To line my eyes I used Goldrush on the bottom lash line and then on my top lash line I used the NYX Glam liner Aqua Luxe in Glam 24 karats.  This is a liquid, waterproof, liner that packs one powerful punch.  It goes on smoothly and helped to create a rounded look for my eyes.  And then on my lips I used Revlon lacquer balm in  150 'Enticing'.  I thought this color helped to round out the look on my face and it's a color that's super easy to apply.

Here is the finished product:

What do you guys think? Who would you like to see next? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!