Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Birchbox Opening and Initial Reaction!

Today I received my monthly gift, no not that monthly gift, I'm talking about my Birchbox! Especially since I've been on my spending ban, these have become more and more precious because they're the only new products I receive each month.  This month I was really pleased to see that I had gotten not one, but two Smashbox products that I have been dying to try.  Keep reading to see what all I received in my box!

1. This first product I'm really excited about because I LOVE mascara.  It's the Smashbox Full Exposure mascara, full size price $19.50. WHAT: Hybrid fiber formula that expertly lengthens, volumizes, and curls sans clumps or flakes.  REACTION: I'm really excited to try this product although I haven't heard much about the Smashbox mascara.  This has to be one of the most favorite products I've ever received.
2. The second product I'm going to talk about is actually the 'beauty extra' from the box, it is a sampler of ten of the eye shadows from Smashbox's new Full Exposure palette, full size price $49.
 WHAT: A range of versatile hues, complete with tips on creating the best look for your eye shape. REACTION: I have read a lot of great, and not so great, things about this eye shadow palette and I've been dying to get my hands on it- and this is a great way to try it without shelling out the money.  I'm really excited to try the glitter shades more than the matte shades because I wear glitter and shimmer shades more, they are more 'me'.  I have heard that they crease after a few hours for people who have oily lids, but I don't have that problem so we'll have to wait and see.  I am really stoked to try this product and see what looks I can create.
3. The third product in my box was the Rubin Wing Color Changing Nail Polish in the color 'Kitten Heels', with the full size retailing at $10.  WHAT: This color changing polish morphs from a hot fuchsia to a deep magenta in the sun. 
 REACTION: I've actually heard nothing about this brand, but maybe I've been living under a rock.  I don't know how I feel about the color changing properties because it seems almost like a sun activated mood ring, and I just don't like those.  I am willing to give this color a fair chance and if I don't like it, I'm sure I can find a more than willing friend to take it off my hands.
4. As well in my box I received this Colla Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face, full size retailing at $36.  WHAT: Mineral based tinted moisturizer with lasting sun protection and shine free finish. REACTION: Again, I don't know anything about this product, but it looks like something that could be really great.  I am a pale pale person, so I am always on the look out for new moisturizers that have an SPF in it.  I'm not sure how something with sun protection could be matte, but if this claims to be what it says, then I may have found a new moisturizer for the summer.
5. The final product I received was the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil for hair, full size $21.95.  WHAT: Exclusive Launch! This just-for-your-hair oil defends against UV rays, heat, and breakage. REACTION: I always like receiving Beauty Protector products in my Birchbox, they always seem to be such good quality.  I  have been looking for a new hair oil since my Organix is running low and so I'm very excited to give this a go and see what I think about it.
So there we have it, my Birchbox all wrapped up in a nice pretty bow... minus the bow... never mind. I hope you're having a great week! XOXO

6 comments:

  1. "No not that monthly gift" Lmfao! Can't wait to see what you do with those shadows.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to subscribe, I am not that happy with Wantable subscription box! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!