Thursday, February 27, 2014

Take Care of Your Nails Before You Polish

It's no secret that I love nail polish, and most things nail related- except emory boards, yuck!  Since this winter has been especially brutal, I have found myself taking better care of my nails and cuticles.  Today I'm going to share with you the products I use on my nails prior to any nail polish application and in my day to day.  I hope you enjoy! XOXO

1) Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream: I have had this forever and I use it every day.  And when I say forever, I literally mean years and years.  I never used it until now because I didn't know how much of a difference it would make in my nails.  I carry this around in my backpack and  use it throughout the day.  It has actually become a bit of a nervous habit of mine.  Whenever I get anxious, I pull this out and start rubbing it into my cuticles and nails.  The smell is very lemon-y but dissipates after a few minutes. The texture is that of a balm, but you don't really need to work to get out enough for each finger- just a swipe over the product and you have enough, which is probably why it last so long.  I would highly suggest picking this up and keeping it in your bag, and it's especially great for travel.
2) Smith's Rosebud Salve: This is a multi purpose product, which I love.  It's made to help a whole host of problems from dry lips to cracked hands to helping cuticles.  It does have a very strong rose scent but again, dissipates after a little while.  I like to use this on my nails in the morning when I'm getting ready to go to class.  It's a gel like texture and goes on really easily.  The one little thing I don't like about it is that it does take a little bit for it to absorb into the skin.
3) Avocado'E' Cuticle Oil: This is the newest addition to my nail care family.  Because this is a true oil, I only use it at night. I love the smell of this oil, to me it makes me feel like I'm at a spa because it smells so luxurious.  I've been using this every night since I got it and have really loved the results.  My cuticles and nails are looking healthier since I started using this oil.  I do notice that it doesn't sink in as quickly as I would like, but with a little extra rubbing it makes it absorb just a little bit faster.
What products do you use to keep your nails healthy and strong? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!