Sunday, February 9, 2014

Benefit's Realness of Concealness Mini "Fake-It" Kit: REVIEW


I received this mini kit when my mom decided that it just wasn't for her and so she gave it to me, which I'm totally okay with!

This is a mini palette that has some of Benefit's most famous products to help create a flawless look.  It includes High Beam, the lip plumper, Ooh La La Lift eye cream, Boing Concealer, and Lemonade eye color corrector. This is a great little kit to try all of these famous products before going out and buying the full product- I just love minis!
I really like using the Boing concealer because it's a really high coverage concealer.  I was initially worried because it looked to dark in the pan for my fair skin, but once I put it on and blended it it looked just fine.  The Lemonade eye corrector is something that I am still trying to figure out how to use.  The color is supposed to counteract redness.  I've found that this feels very chalky on my skin and that it doesn't blend very well.  I'm sure I'm just not using it right, but right now I don't really like the product and am glad I didn't go out and buy the full product right away.
 High Beam, what more can I say? This is their most famous highlighter, and I can now see why.  It's a light pink pearlescent high lighter that is applied with a doe foot applicator.  I've been really pleased with this product and am considering buying it as a full sized product.  Ooh La Lift is something I haven't used too much because I really like my Garnier eye cream.  I did notice a slight difference in my eyes when I have used it though, it helped to get rid of the tiny crinkles around my eyes and make them look brighter.  The Lip Plump is the product I was really excited to try since I had never tried a lip primer before.  This goes on and makes me look like I have no color in my lips but that's okay because then I put a lip color over it and all is right with the world.  The one thing I have found is that if you don't let it dry completely then it transfers to your lip color and dulls the color down quite a bit.  That would be my only qualm with this product is that it transfers really easily if you don't wait for it to be fully dry.
L to R: Ooh La Lift, Lip Plump, High Beam, Boing Concealer, Lemonade eye corrector.
I am glad that this little box gave me a chance to try out some of Benefit's biggest products but I don't know if I would purchase it for myself. What do you think? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a cute set! I haven't tried almost any of these products, so this was an interesting review. I want to try that concealer now!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased with the quality of the concealer :)

      Delete
  2. very nice kit of beauty :)
    i'm your new follower, number 100 :D
    if you want visit my italian blog and follow me...thank you VALENTINACLOTHEDANEW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this kit before! It looks great! I'm really interested in that lip primer now! I didn't know they made lip primers

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!