Saturday, February 8, 2014

February wishlist and Spending Ban update


As I mentioned in one of my first posts of the year, I put myself on a spending ban to help save money for spring break.  This meant that I couldn't purchase any makeup or beauty products unless it was out of necessity.  I've been doing really well with my spending ban and have only broken the rule once when I  was in the airport in the duty free shopping area and there  was a Body Shop.  Even then I only bought two things, so I'm still pretty proud of how well I'm doing with sticking to my ban.  It really helps that I have friends who remember I'm on a ban and they steer me away from the cosmetics section of any store we go into! It makes it easier to have support because this has to be one of the hardest things I've ever done.
Now, even though I'm on a spending ban it hasn't stopped me from looking at products and compiling a wishlist of things I will probably be picking up when my ban is over.
1. Naked 3 Palette- I've had my eyes on this palette since it came out just before Christmas.  I have never lusted after a palette so badly in my life.  I don't own any of the Naked palettes, so this would be my first foray into them.  Rose gold is just so flattering on almost any skin tone and this palette has everything from everyday shades to shades that can be used to create a smokey eye.  LOVE.
2. Dermablend Concealer- I have been hemming and hawing about getting this product for over a year but now I'm really sure that I want to get it.  This is like the industrial strength cleaner of the foundation and cover up of the makeup world! I have scars that I would like to cover up, especially on stage, and a tattoo that I have to cover for shows and this works wonders when I've tested it in the store.  I do have Cover FX but it just doesn't stand up to the Dermablend foundation and concealer.
3. L'Oreal Lumi True Match foundation- As the lovely Liana over at Liana Beauty pointed out, this is a very good dupe for the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation.  I've heard so much about the Giorgio Armani foundation, but I just can't bring myself to fork over the money for a foundation I don't know I will love- I'm very picky.  This would be a good middle ground for me, and would help to expand my foundation horizon from that of my Revlon PhotoReady  foundation.
4. Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick- I LOVE the packaging of this product.  It comes in a cute little pink bullet with a shiny unicorn on it.  I have been hearing great things about Lime Crime's products, and have really been dying to try one of their products.  The color that I'm after is Glamour101 which is a deep red with blue undertones.
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush- I know, I know, how could I NOT own one of these with my extensive list of blushers but alas I do not and I would like to change that.  I always read rave reviews about this blush and how much of a dream it is to put on and I would really like to test that claim myself.
That's it for this month's wishlist, what's on yours? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I'm dying to try a Tarte Blush as well! They sound fabulous! I'm glad your spending ban is going so well and you have people to keep you away from makeup lol.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post & very nice blog!
    what about follow each other?? let me know, I always follow back :))
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es
    xoxo from Spain :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i will definitely check it out :)

      Delete
  3. great list. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush is also my wish list.
    http://sumitrastuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!