Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mad Men

This is a look I did yesterday to film a scene from the TV show 'Mad Men' for my film class.  I also have to replicate this look exactly on Friday, hence why I took so many pictures.  These are only half of them!  I hope you like this look!

I read the part of Peggy who, in the Pilot, is conservative and plain (for the 50's) so that is how I dressed.  I wore flat boots, a black pencil skirt, a red scoop shirt (which happens to be my best friend's shirt), and a wide black belt.  I do own some 50's style dresses but they didn't go with the character.  I wore simple faux pearl studs and faux pearl necklace to complete the look.


I kept my eye makeup simple and used Stila's 'Kitten' as an all over shimmery base.  I really like the texture of this eye shadow and how well it goes on.  I have not had any fall out with this eye shadow, and it applies like a dream!  I then used the Color Tattoo pigment color in 'Breaking Bronze' in the crease and the outer 'V' of my eye.  This is a lot deeper than 'Kitten' but still in the same color family, so they complimented each other quite nicely.
On my lips, I used Rimmel lipstick in Jet Set Red which is a very true toned blue red that compliments fair skin tones.  This is one of my favorite red lipsticks and I'm almost done with it, which makes me sad since I haven't been able to find the color since.  My base was the Revlon PhotoReady mouse foundation, which I use my beauty blender to put on first and then I go back over it with my Real Techniques buffing brush.  I then used Stila's convertible color in 'Petunia' to give my cheeks a healthy, just pinched, look. The mascara I used was my favorite Rimmel Scandaleyes Curve Alert mascara.  I then used E.L.F. liquid eyeliner in black to line my top lid and give it a subtle flick to the end of the eye.  I really like the brush of this eye liner because of how thin and easy to control it is.

What do you guys think of this look? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. I love mad men! Cant wait it to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the makeup look. It looks really nice for everyday.
    If you have time it would mean a lot if you check my bloh and follow if you like,
    xoxo Nika
    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely pulled off peggy very well.

    I love Mad Men :)

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous as always! I really like your hair in the first picture it looks so fab. Good luck on Friday!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!