Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Blusher of a Problem

In light of the, erm, heavy snowfall today, I took out all of my blushers to show you guys and created this very picture heavy post.  Whilst doing this, I realized I may never have to purchase a blusher for another ten years! Including these, I also have a palette that has four blushers in it and another Stila self adjusting cheek color in Coral which I forgot to photograph. So let's get started, shall we?

1. Stila convertible color in Petunia- I absolutely adore the Stila cheek colors, and this was my first foray into them last year and is still one of my favorite blushers.  It's a convertible color so I can use it on my cheeks as a blush or on my lips as a lip color, how awesome is that?!  This is my favorite color because it looks like a bright baby/coral pink in the pan, but blends out nicely to a subtle flush.  The texture is creamy when you apply it and leaves your cheeks with a dewy glow all day.
2. NYX blush in Pinched- This is the dupe I own for the famous Nars Orgasm blush.  The color is a nice bright peach with a gold shimmer running through it.  I find myself grabbing for this color the most often because it is flattering in any light and goes on like a dream.  It's not too chalky and for the $8 price tag, you can't really beat it!
3. Urban Decay blush in Quickie- This was my first foray into high end blushes years ago, and I still pull it out from time to time.  It's a true bright baby pink color with a white/silver shimmer running through it.  When I was younger, I would pile this on my cheeks and look like a doll but now it has made the move to my show makeup tackle box because it does give me that bright bright cheek color.  This will always hold a special place in my heart because it was my first piece of high end makeup, but I don't think I would buy it again.
4. The Balm blush in Swiss Dot- I have heard a lot about The Balm products, but I just haven't been able to get into the cult favorite.  I received this in my Birchbox a few months back and I haven't been able to bring myself to use it.  This color is a deep rose pink that I just don't believe will be flattering on me.  Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow since we have another snow day...
5. Napolean Perdis blush in Mosaic Blushing- This is another product that I've had for a long time.  Well, not a long time- but long enough to know it really only works on me in the colder months because of it's deeper color.  My mom bought this for us to share a year or two ago when NP was having an event at Ulta's because it looked good on both of us at the time, but somehow it wound up in my makeup box when I moved to college.
6. E.L.F. HD blush in Superstar- This is THE most pigmented blush I have ever used, a little tiny dot gives my cheeks a bright pink flush.  The color is a bright baby pink with a hint of shimmer running through it.  I like to use my Real Techniques brushes with this because they blend it so well.  The only qualm with this is that you have to blend it really quickly, or else you will end up with clown cheeks!
7. Cargo waterproof blush in Los Cabos- Until I received this in my Birchbox, I had never heard of a waterproof blush.  To say that I was skeptical when I saw the title would be an understatement but I was pleasantly surprised when I put this on.  I wore it over the summer when I worked at the Okoboji Summer Theatre, and it was so hot every bit of makeup usually was sweated off within an hour.  This is a nice peach color with a bright gold shimmer, and it's more bronze than pink but it works better as a blush.  I really like to apply this to the apple of my cheeks in the warmer months because it gives me that 'sun kissed' glow.
8. Revlon photoready blush and contour palette in Pink Rose- My experience with this has been less than savory, the pigmentation is terrible and the quality is nothing like that of the other Photoready products.  I find this product to be very chalky and hard to build up, so to say that I am disappointed would be an understatement.  I definitely would not repurchase this product again.
Other blushes I own:
- Revlon Baby Stick in Tahitian- This is a product I rarely use because there is no color whatsoever.  It's supposed to be a pale baby pink, but it swatches and comes out as nothing.
- Stila Adjustable color in Coral- I love this blush, I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it! It's bright coral in the pan but adjusts to your skin.
What is your favorite blusher? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. I love nyx blushes!
    babblingbrigid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the collection! Where did you get the Cargo blush? I had one years ago and I loved the colour but Sephora stopped carrying them.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got the Cargo blush in a Birchbox so they may be stocking them.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!