Saturday, February 22, 2014

Senior Portraits

This past weekend I had my senior portraits done by one of my lovely Stephens Sisters and I wanted to share some of them with you as well as share my makeup tips for a photo shoot!

I kept my makeup simple and stayed away from anything that had SPF in it because it tends to give off a white glow when used in photos.  For my foundation I used my Revlon Photo Ready foundation, which is made especially for photos and doesn't have an SPF in it.  I love this foundation because it gives such even and great coverage and is so nice to apply.  I even took the time to pat it on instead of rubbing it in like I do when I'm in a big hurry.  For my cheeks, I used my NYX blush in Pinched which is a great dupe for the ever popular Nars Orgasm.  I like using this blush for photos because it gives me a slight glow because of the gold running through it but doesn't look over done.  I also used NYX liquid illuminator down the bridge of my nose and on my cheek bones.
I then used my BH Cosmetics third edition palette to create a nice bronze, slightly smokey, day time eye.  I love doing this look for photos because it's not flat but it's dramatic enough to make your eyes pop.  I lined my eyes with my Pocket Denim liquid liner in black, and my lower lash line in my Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Black.  I then curled my lashes and put on two coats of my Rimmel Curve Alert Mascara to give me a big doe eyed look.  Finally, for lips, I used Revlon's new Lacquer Balm to give me just the right wash of color and dose of pink that the look needed.



What are your tips for looking good in photos? XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Hey Emma, looks like you had fun doing this! I love my trusty urban decay eyeliner too :) though I've never noticed that about SPF and photos? so thats a good tip, thank you! Found you blog hopping so you have a new follower in me, now :)

    Thrifty Firecracker x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! That's so excited :) You look GORGEOUS by the way!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!