Thursday, December 6, 2012

Supporting Local Shops

There is this amazing little store in Downtown Columbia called Makes Scents and I went in there the other day and fell in love! It's this little scents store that sells bath salts and oils and perfumes and lotions and soaps and little hand made cards and almost any other nice smelling thing you can think of. You can even make your own perfume! I was in the mood for a perfume with more of a woodsy/earth tone scent that wasn't too sweet or spicy, so I figured why not make it myself! You can get them as straight, dab on oils, roller balls, or sprays all at really reasonable prices. I made a little roller ball scent that cost about $10 dollars, they charge by the bottle you get and not the scents or how many scents you use. I used their scent Woodstock and Lavender. It's about 85-90% Woodstock and the rest is Lavender, and I really like it. It's small enough that I can carry around or keep on my desk, and is strong but not overpowering. The store itself is really nice and the service is wonderful! There is only one person working there at a time and the lady who was there when I was, was very friendly and helpful. While she made the scent we struck up a conversation about the election, and what other scents I liked- the service you get is wonderful and very personal, which I think is great when it comes to choosing a perfume. I love it when I can support local shops, what are some of your favorite shops near where you live that you like to go to? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!