Friday, December 7, 2012

How to remove glitter nail polish!

If your like me and LOVE to use glitter nail polish, then you know how much of a pain it is to get it all off! I kept seeing things on Pintrest about soaking a cotton ball or pad in nail polish remover and then wrapping it around the nail and leaving it there, I was a bit dubious at first but it actually works! I was bored with my holiday nails here where I had used a very chunky green glitter polish which I was dreading having to take off. So I decided that today would be as good a day as any to give this technique a try. I took cotton rounds and cut them in half so I would only need to use five, but you can also use cotton balls and just pull them apart.
I would get some nail polish remover onto the cotton pad and then wrap it around the finger and let it sit for about two to three minutes.
I know that seems like forever, but when you are able to do three or four nails at once it cuts down the time it takes to get the glitter off by over half! I then press down gently on the cotton pad as I slide it off my nail and, viola!, no more glitter nail polish and if there is any left over it doesn't take any effort to get those last few flakes off. I did the same thing with my other nail color, which was a bright red, and let it sit on my nails for thirty to forty-five seconds and the color came right off. I know this is the opposite hand, but I did the same thing to both :)
I hope this helps you the next time you're dreading taking off your nail polish! Do you have any nail tips and tricks that you've discovered work really well? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Really helpful!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad to hear that! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Good suggestions!! I'm gonna have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wrap my nails with aluminium foil on top of the soaked cotton rounds..it attracts the glitter! But I need to leave it on a little longer, about 3-4 minutes for it to work! :)
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!