Monday, December 3, 2012

Hair Oils

I've been hearing and reading about how great hair oils are to use, especially during the winter when hair tends to be drier, more prone to breakage, and generally not as soft. I finally caved the other day when I was in Wallgreens and got two of the Organix brand hair oils (pictured above). The one in the gold bottle is the Brazilian Karatin Therapy: Shimmering Keratin Oil and let me tell you, it smells super yummy! Here is a close up picture:
It has Cocunut oild, keratin proteins, avocado oil, and cocoa butter so you can imagine how good it smells! This comes in a spray bottle and there are three different kinds, but this one is for more straight hair and for smoothing. You apply this when your hair is dry and it helps to soften your hair and gives it a nice little shine. The keratin helps to protect your hair as well as softening. It also claims to heal but I haven't noticed any difference in that department, but my hair isn't too badly damaged.
This is the Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil, and smells good too! Not as good as the Keratin Therapy one, but I'm a sucker for any product that smells slightly like coconut. Unlike the other, this oil is applied to towl dried hair while it's still wet- you just put a little dot of it into the palm of your hand and then rub into your hair. I like to focus on the ends to help with split ends. This oil gets into the shaft of the hairs and helps to strengthen the hair in attempts of reducing breakage as well as making your hair silkier. I have to say, I've noticed my hair being softer the day after I take a shower and use this. These really help during the winter months because hair dries out so much faster because of the dramatic change in temperature and central heating systems. You can get them from your local drugstore or Wallgreens (or Superdrug, wherever you live)for about $8. They also have a whole line of different shampoos and conditioners, leave in products, serums, and lotions- I'm excited to try more of their products! What do you like to use to keep your hair healthy during the winter? XOXO

7 comments:

  1. oo! I love good hair products. Moroccan oil for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those products, but never given them a try! I should my hair is always dry! I stopped over from the GFC Blog Hop glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try the Brazilian Keratin Therapy. I have been looking for hair oil that wasn't heavy on my hair. I'll give it a try and see if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moroccan oil is my favorite hair product. I have relaxed course hair and this keeps my hair frizz free though out the day. I also use it when I flat iron to make it sleek straight and shiny.

    Jamaican Black Castor Oil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and very wonderful blog you have i really like it. thank so much sharing this great information with us.
    and I love all L'Oreal products. 10% "Mira Oil"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! Thank you so very much, and I would love to hear some ideas of anything specific you would like to see on the blog. I haven't really used many L'Oreal products but I just bought a hair mask by them and a new lipstick! XOXO

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!