Monday, December 10, 2012

Drugstore favorites #1

One of my favorite drug store finds was Wet n' Wild lipstick. It's price ranges from $1 to about $4 and for the price you get a pretty good quality product. This is Wet n' Wild mega shield lip color in the color 'It's a Girl!'. It's baby pink in color, with just the tiniest hint of coral. The finish is slightly frosted with a little bit of shine, but not completely over done. This swatch was just one swipe of the color, and you can tell it's a highly pigmented color.
The lipstick has an SPF of 15 which is great for me since I'm so fair, I burn all over even in the winter when it's cloudy! The lasting power of the color is great for the price. I don't need to apply it every fifteen minutes, instead I find myself having to reapply every 2 to 3 hours. After about an hour or so, though, you do have to check your lips to fix the color that has settled in the middle of your lips. I find it's just easiest to rub my lips together for a second when I notice that has happened and viola! it's fixed!
What are some of your favorite drugstore brands or colors? XOXO

8 comments:

  1. Revlon has the best foundations (Colorstay) and they have awesome new lip butters as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really had a chance to try the lip butters but I've really been wanting too and I'm on the hunt for a new liquid foundation, so I'll give the Colorstay ones a try! XOXO

      Delete
  2. My favorite drugstore lipstick is Revlon. I think I'm an addict lol but I would love to try wet and wild but for some reason I can't find it! Ugh. Where do you purchase your wet n wild?
    kimmykouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get Wet n Wild at Wallgreens and CVS, pretty much any drugstore :)

      Delete
    2. So yesterday, as I was browsing Rite aid guess what I came across? Wet N Wild and I also managed to find it at walmart. Guess because I was never looking for it I never found it. Anyway I purchased Dollhouse Pink and Just peachy.... i'm n love!

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad to hear that! I've never tried those colors, so please let me know what you think of them!

      Delete
  3. I actually just bough one of their lipsticks the other day. It's the mocha-licious color which comes off almost nude for my skin tone. I love it. Really good quality for the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wet N' Wild has really good colors in the nude range, I'm so glad you're trying it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!