Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday Nails!I

I just love the holiday season, everyone and everything is so festive. So, to celebrate before work, I painted my nails in the most typical Christmas way every- with a Glitter loaded green and a Bright red with a bit of sparkle. The base coat is from Sinful Colors while my top coat is Orly's Sec n'Dry. I absolutely LOVE my Orly Sec n' Dry top coat- it dries pretty quick, in under a minute and a half I would say, and leaves a nice shiny nail behind. The green I used is also a color by Orly called Here Comes Trouble from their 2011 Pin Up collection. It is a bit chunky for my taste- some of the pieces of glitter are quite big considering it's a nail polish, but there is also fine glitter in there. I needed two coats to make me feel like I had a good coverage on my nails. The red I used is from OPI's new James Bond Collection, the color is called The Spy Who Loved Me. It's a really pretty bright red with a hint of gold shimmer in it. It goes on nicely, like all OPI polishes I've used, and could be left at just one coat of color but I always do two for good measure. Yes, I have given into the fad of doing all but one nail on each hand in the same color but I really do like how it looks! When I was younger, none of my nails would be the same color so this is a good way to go back to being able to wear more than one color and still look like a functioning adult.

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog (especially because I love the person writing it)!!
    Recently I have seen a wave of "matte" nail polishes. Sometimes I like to see the shimmer of light reflecting off my nails, but other times I hate the slick feeling of my nails. At Ulta the other day, I picked up a version of this matte polish by Layla- apparently made in Italy... They had samples of the colors next to the bottles and I got a neutral but glittery silver color. I haven't been able to try it out (being in a show and all), but I will let you know about it when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that :) I've been meaning to try matte nail colors but haven't been able to bring myself to do it, so when you try it out please let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!