Thursday, December 13, 2012

It's time to travel!

Since I'm done with finals, it means next on my task list is to pack so I can hop on a plane and go home. But with hopping on that plane, I have to pack which is probably one of my least favorite things in the world to do- especially with my makeup! Today's post will show you what I pack when I'm planning on going away, granted, I'm sure I overpack my makeup a tad too much but, hey, you win some you loose some. A forewarning, this post will have a lot of pictures.
This is what I've got to narrow it down from, two overflowing tackle and makeup boxes, my professional makeup belt, two palettes, and a bunch of loose bits and bobs.

On the left is my brush belt, with all of my brushes, that I received last year for Christmas, it's super nice and I don't know what I would do with all of my brushes if I didn't. On the right is a Sephora makeup palette I had gotten as an early graduation gift from the Sephora when I was in NYC.  For me, this is a holy grail product.  The pigmentation is AMAZING, there is a quad of two blushers, a highlighter, and a bronzer, and in the other pull out tray is a ton of different lip glosses.  This has such a nice range of colors that I use to create subtle, everyday looks to dramatic night out looks.  Both of these automatically go into my suitcase, no matter how long I will be gone.

This is finally all that got packed, including my Exuviance primer, two different foundations, to different powders, a mosaic blusher, eyebrow shadows, three eye shadow palettes and singles, two mascaras, eyelash curler, and way more eye liner than any girl could need for three weeks home.
These foundations are the ones that I use the most- Pur Minerals powder in Light for a light to medium coverage but the other (slightly grayer looking) color is made by Kryolan Ultra Foundation which is mainly used for stage or film because it is VERY heavy but also provides total coverage.  I love it but it is also oily, so not the best for oily skin types, I tend to wear this more on a regular basis during the winter than the summer because in the summer heat- let's just say it's not pretty!

Most of my eyeliners, left picture, are Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencils and they are my favorite! They're also a bit pricey, so I'll get them in the special packs they have at holiday time when you can get a lot of colors for a really good price.  I also have my FAVORITE Milani liquid eyeliner in Jet Black.  It goes on really nice but definitely not a good liquid liner for beginners, the brush can be hard to control at times but my GOD the lasting power is incredible.  Every time I wear it, I have to scrub really hard to get it to come off- I've even gone swimming with it on and it didn't was off!  And then I have two black eyeliners by NYX- their glossy black eyeliner and their satin pencil eyeliner.  I haven't tried the Satin Pencil yet but the Glossy one is nice, but doesn't give the 'glossy' shine it says.  On the right we have my two favorite mascaras- Covergirl's Lash Blast Fusion and Rimmel's Glam Eyes, both in black or jet black.  I always pick between those two to wear even though I have a couple others but I'm not as fond as them, maybe one of these days I'll do a mascara post!

 And finally, my eyeshadows.  There's the Sephora palette which I already yammered on about but I also brought my single color Makeup Forever eyeshadow which is a sparkly purple.  Then I also am bringing my NYX eyeshadow palette, that is basically five different slots of colored glitter that sticks to your eye- it's the best!  Then, an eyelash curler that is so me it's not even funny! The little handles are pink and have pink rhinestones, and it was my first and currently only eyelash curler and I love it!

What do you guys pack when you leave on a holiday? XOXO






2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of makeup. I don't have nearly as much as I just started building my makeup stock. So I guess I pack everything? Also, I need a makeup bag. Do you have any you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot, but I always over pack. The basics would be an eyeshadow quad, a blush, foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. A travel makeup bag, hmmmmm. I would check Target, Ulta, Sephora, or Victoria Secret. For a travel makeup bag, it's really just which one you like best and suits your needs. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!