Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Grinchmas!

As I mentioned in my last post, my family and I went to Universal Studios the other day to go and see the celebration.  In honor of this, I did 'Whoville' inspired makeup which involved multiple bright colored eyeliner since one of the first things I think of when I think of Whoville is BRIGHT COLORS.  So here's my face:
And here's a close-up of my eye: 
For my foundation, I used my Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup in Light/Fair.  I then used my Holy Grail palette I got from Sephora forever ago for blush and eyes.  I used the pink blush that looks baby doll like and quite frightening in the pan but if put on with a light hand goes on quite nice.  I then highlighted right under my eye up towards my hair and my T-Zone with a very light pink almost pearl like shimmery highlighter in the same palette as the blush and eyeshadow.  I then used two eyeshadows from the palette, one is a grey toned beige with a lot of shimmer and then white shimmer eyeshadow under my brow.  

I used four different eyeliners; green, pink, blue, and gold.  All four colors are from the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil.  They are hands down my favorite eyeliners EVER.  On the inner corner of my eye I used a gold color called El Dorado.  I love to use gold eyeliner or shadow in the inner corner of my eye to help me look more awake.  Then I lined my eye from the inside to the halfway point on top in a teal blue called Electric.  I think it's a really pretty blue that can be very subtle or built up to be a bold color pop on the eye.  Then what I used going from where the blue ends to the end of my eye and a little beyond I used a pink eyeliner called Woodstock.  I know, I know, pink can be a really frightening eye color to wear in eyeliner or shadow form.  That is why I only use this color to line half my eye like I did here or do a subtle double line on top of another eyeliner.  It's a great way to play around with colors.  Finally on my bottom lash line I used a green color called Junkie.  Green a great way for people to experiment with color without going to bold, and is especially great for people with blue, blue/grey, green, and even brown eyes- personally I think it can work with any eye color.

For my lashes I used two different mascaras.  First I used Rimmel's Glam Eyes mascara and then I used Covergirl lashblast fusion over top.  I used to hate filling in my eyebrows because I thought it looked weird but now I can't wear makeup without filling them in.  I use the Napolean Prismatic Eye Quad #4 because two of the colors are a nice matte light brown and dark brown, it also has a matte white and a matte salmon pink.  I mainly use the light brown because it matches my changing hair color the best.

Happy holidays to all of my lovely readers and followers! XOXO
What do you do when you do brightly colored makeup?

2 comments:

  1. I love your eye liner! It is so fun and pretty, I have never thought of using so many colors but it really makes your eyes pop, great post :) Now following your lovely blog xo

    http://discountbeauty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks a lot! And I'm now following you :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!