Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chubby Stick Lip Color!

This past summer, I treated myself to a Clinique lip color- one of their new Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm's. I got the color #14 Curvy Candy and I fell in love! It is so easy to apply and the texture is amazing, it's creamy without being too heavy or oily. The color itself is a very natural light pink on my lips, I used it for my head shots and the color photographs beautifully. There really isn't a sparkle to it, so that was a change from my normal lip colors. That, and it was a neutral shade! When I saw that Revlon had come out with something remarkably similar, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a color or two and give them a try. I was not disappointed at all! I got the colors Lovesick and Sweetheart in Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. The pigmentation of both of these colors is really good as well as being really hydrating. Lovesick has more of a mauvish purple pink tinge to it while Sweetheart errs more on the side of bright pink. The color after one swipe on the lips is fairly bright but still a nice tint, yet after a couple of swipes of the color it becomes even brighter and more noticeable. I love that all three of these are twist up colors, so I don't have to bother with getting an oversized sharpener when it becomes too dull to use. Both Revlon and Clinique have a pretty good range of colors with these Chubby Sticks but they all lean more towards the pink and red family with a couple of neutrals and one or two plums thrown in. Below are swatches of each color; on top is Clinique's Curvy Candy, middle is Revlon's Sweetheart, and on the bottom is Revlon's Lovesick:
I really love these chubby stick lip balms/stains, but what do you think of them? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!