Thursday, January 30, 2014

January Favorites!

Can you believe it's the end of the month? It feels like we celebrated the coming of the new year just yesterday!  I picked out a few products that I have been using a lot of this month to share with you in this month's "January Favorites!", I hope you guys enjoy!
1. Sephora Eye, Lip, and Cheek palette- I've had this palette since... well, since awhile, and it had gotten shoved towards the back when I received my BH cosmetics palettes but this month I've been reaching for it more often.  I love the pigmentation of Sephora eye shadows, and this little palette is no different than their single shadows.  There are also two mini slide trays of four blushers and twelve lip colors, but I don't use those as much as I use the eye shadows.  I have really been loving the far left column colors, the pinks, especially the bottom two which are more in the dusty rose family.  I'm really happy I've started using this palette again, I had forgotten how much I loved it!
2. NP Mosaic Blush- I don't usually wear this blush because it is more of a dark rose color when built up than a bright pink color, which is what I usually wear.  I've found this to be really great to use this winter because the color is so complimentary to the weather.  It gives a sheer wash of dusty rose in one swipe and helps to deepen the color of your cheeks but can be built up to a really nice opaque color too.  It took me awhile to figure out how to wear this but once I figured out which brush to use with it, I haven't been able to put it down!  I think I've now officially found my 'winter' blusher.
3. Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream- I've blogged about this before and how much I absolutely love it.  Since it's been so freakin' cold here in good old Missery, my cuticles and the skin around my nails has been particularly horrible.  I slap this onto the area around my nails and cuticles before I go to bed every night and when I get up in the morning and I've really noticed a marked difference in the skin around my nails.
4. Revlon Lash Potion Mascara- This is a new-ish product that I got that I've been road testing the past month, and I've been really pleased.  Anyone can tell you that I am a die hard Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara fan and will rarely deviate from it, so to try this new mascara was big for me!  What surprised me more was how much I truly liked how this mascara applied and how it makes my lashes look.  I had never tried Revlon mascara prior to this so I don't have any to compare it to, but this mascara makes my eye lashes look long and full.  Expect to see a full review of this very soon, as in probably tomorrow or sometime in the coming week.
I may or may not be posting this weekend, so the vlog will probably go up on Wednesday or Thursday next week, because I am heading out of town for the weekend and I don't know how much I will be around my computer to blog.  As always, I would love to hear what you have been loving this month. XOXO
Here are links to my other social media where you can get more posts about all things beauty!
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/canvasofaface
Youtube- http://youtube.com/canvasofaface
Twitter- https://twitter.com/MakeupLovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!