Wednesday, January 1, 2014

FOTD: Short and Sweet

For my makeup the other day, I wanted something sweet but with a sweet edge.  I used my Urban Decay Glinda palette to create a pink/purple smokey eye for the day time.  My base, as always, was the Revlon Photo Ready liquid foundation in Ivory.  I then used Urban Decay's blush in "Quckie", which I've had forever and I've just rediscovered my love for it.  It was actually my first high end makeup purchase, I was so proud when I bought it- I was 15 and I felt so grown up.  Here is the look:

 For my eye, I only used colors from the Glinda palette.  The base color for all over my lid was Illusion, which is a light beige gold with a soft shimmer. I then took Magic, which is a duochrome pink/purple color, and used it on the middle of my eye to the outer corner of my lid, blending towards the crease.  I then took Tornado, a purple shimmer color, and blended it on the outward corner of my eye and created a bit of a winged effect.  I lined my lower lash line with my NYX Kohl black liner, and for my mascara I used the three in one mascara by Flower by Drew Barrymore.  This is a great product and I suggest stopping by Walmart, if you have them, and picking up a few of their products.
 For my lips, I used Revlon's new Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Vivacious, which is number 120.  Unlike the Kissable Balm Stains, these have a glossier finish.  This isn't a stain, so it doesn't last forever, but it did last through eating and drinking and general wear and tear for about 5 hours before I really had to reapply it.  I am really in love with Revlon's new Lacquer and Matte balms that they've come out with.  Then again, I just love the chubby stick packaging.
What do you think of this look? Would it be something you would wear on a daily basis or on a date? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!