Friday, January 17, 2014

January Birchbox

 The other day, I received my birchbox in the mail and it made my day when I opened it! The theme of this month's box is "Go Time" and the whole thing is about instead of giving things up, taking things on and trying new things- a great way to flip new year's resolutions on their head! Without further ado, here is what I received in this month's box:
 What: Harvey Prince 'Journey' perfume (full size $55)- a perfume that is said to have hints of Indian tuberose and Japanese orange flower.
My reaction: I'm always excited to try new perfumes, and I love that there is a Unicorn on the fold card.
 What: Nail Rock 'Velvet' nail polish (full size $6.99)- A brand new product from the UK brand Nail Rock that brings new definition to the term 'texturised nail'.
My Reaction: I definitely won't knock it till I try it, but I'm wary of having a velvet like substance on my nails.
 What: Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion (Birchbox Extra, total price unknown)- This is in addition to my other products, a bonus, like two toys in your cereal.
My Reaction: I'm really excited to try this because I've been looking at the Burt's Bees moisturizers for awhile and just haven't convinced myself to shell out the money for something I don't know I'll like so this is a great way for me to know if it will even work well for my skin.
 What: Serge Normant 'Dry Conditioner' (full size $25)- This is described as a hydrating mist that adds instant shine and softness to hair.
My Reaction: I haven't heard a lot about this product but I've been seeing that a lot of people got this in their boxes this month.  I'm interested to try it because I do love me some dry shampoo.

What: 100% Pure 'Fruit Pigmented Mascara' (full size $18)- An all natural mascara that conditions, thickens, and lengthens lashes with natural fruit pigments.
My Reaction: The first thing I noticed when I opened the tube was the smell, it's a very strong fruit smell- like, very strong.  This makes me really nervous to put it near my eyes because I'm afraid my eyes will have an allergic reaction to the scent (that made no sense but trust me, my eyes are the first to go with an allergy reaction).
What did you guys get in your box? Have you ever tried these products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!