Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My name is Emma and I'm a Mascara-holic

 When I travel, I take everything plus the kitchen sink and the refrigerator with me.  Let's put it this way, I showed up at home with three mascaras and am leaving with seven.  I have a mascara problem, I readily admit it.  Three are Rimmel and then the rest is a cacophony of random ones that I picked up to try.  Let's start with Rimmel, shall we?
 1) Rimmel Lash Accelerator: I haven't had this one for very long, less than a month, but I really love it.  I like to use this as a first coat mascara and then top it off with another mascara.  I have noticed a difference in my lashes when I wear this mascara, that they look a little bit longer than usual.
2) Rimmel Scandaleyes Curve Alert: HOLY. GRAIL. PRODUCT. This is hands down my favorite mascara of my entire collection.  It gives my lashes curl, volume, and length all in one go.  Plus, the product itself is a really nice consistency and goes onto the lashes without leaving them spidery or clumped together.
3) Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam: I just bought this last week, so I don't have a fully formulated opinion on it just yet but I will have one soon.  My first impression is that the brush looks a little funny, but in a good way, and the consistency is just as nice as that in Curve Alert.
4) Covergirl mascara- I don't remember the full name of this product sadly, but it came out with their Hunger Games collection.  I'm not a big Covergirl myself, but I wanted to give this mascara a try because I had heard so many things about it.  I think that it's a nice mascara to keep in my purse for a quick swipe during the day or if I wind up having to look a bit dressier than I planned.  That being said, I don't think there is anything particularly spectacular about this mascara.
5) Flower by Drew Barrymore 3 in 1: I picked this mascara up over the summer and am so glad I did! As it says, 3 in 1, you can choose length, volume, or curve for your lashes.  The tippy top of the brush twists so as to change the brush shape for what you desire.  I have found that with the curve setting, I get a nice 'flick' at the end of my lashes.  This brand is new and available at Walmart, it is also cruelty free.
6) Too Faced Better Than Sex: This is a little sample mascara I got in a gift box that had a few Too Faced products that are loved by bloggers.  I didn't expect to like this as much as I do, but it's a really nice mascara to have.  I find that with this mascara I don't have to use an eyelash curler to get good volume.  The product itself is very nice and doesn't spider the eye lashes.  If you can't already tell I hate spidery lashes, like, a lot.
7) Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes: I just picked this up last week so I don't have a full and correctly formulated opinion on it yet.  I do like that it comes with two different brushes, one for the upper lashes, one for the bottom lashes.  The few things I've read about this have either been raves or absolute hates, so I am interested to see what I think myself because I am so picky about my mascara.
What is your favorite mascara? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh so much! I'm going to have to try the Scandaleyes Curve Alert. I really liked the plain Scandaleyes when I tried it.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad I could make you laugh, Kat! Yes, try it- it is my absolute favorite!

      Delete
  2. My mascara problem is growing as well! I was so curious about the flower mascara! I'll have to pick it up :)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, the product line itself is really great as well- not just the mascaras!

      Delete
  3. LOVE Lash Accelorator! It's like "your lashes but better" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!