Monday, January 6, 2014

Dry Lip Saviors

With the winter months upon us, especially for those who live everywhere that it's cold and snowing (sorry) you need to keep your skin healthy and moisturized but you can't forget your lips!  So here, for you my lovely readers, are my three (actually four) dry lip saviors for the winter months.
1. Smiths Rosebud Salve- You can get this in tin form, like I did, or it comes in a little squeezy tube with the product more liquified inside.  I just discovered this the other day when I was at Sephora and I have fallen in love with it.  The smell is lovely and light, and it's not super heavy on the lips.  I like to use this when I'm sitting around the house and don't have to go out.  It keeps them moisturized and I don't have to worry about the tin on the go.
2. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue- I just discovered the joy that is the Baby Lips lip balm brand.  I use this mainly when I'm out and about because it comes in nice convenient packaging and it's no muss, no fuss.  This also is a very light lip balm that is great for use during the day because it doesn't leave your lips feeling goopy, it just makes them feel a bit tingly and minty.
3. Carmex- Oh carmex,  how I love thee, shall I count the ways? No no I won't do that but Carmex is by far my favorite lip balm.  It isn't oily, so I don't feel like my lips are going to fall off my face.  The coverage is nice and moderate and keeps the lips moisturized for a good part of the day.
4. Vaseline Lip Balm (not pictured)- I love to use this when I go to bed because it is so heavy and goopy but it stays.  I put it on right before I go to sleep and wake up with my lips feeling nice and moisturized, with still a little bit of product on them.  This is really great to wear during the day if you are going to be out in blistering cold weather because it will stay on and keep them protected through wind and snow and sleet and rain.  This stuff really works!
What are some of your dry lip saviors? XOXO

4 comments:

  1. I have Burt's Bees coming out my ears! I need to try those babylips though,

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very wary to try them at first because i'm so picky about my lip balms but they surprised me :)

      Delete
  2. I love my carmex and baby lips! Nice review! Thank you for sharing!
    thebeautybugx0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!