Friday, January 10, 2014

Morning Skin Care Routine



I figured it was time to do a skincare post, so it's best to start with what I do in the morning, right?  Now, I do not claim to have the best skin, but I do take care of it.  First, I cleanse my face with the Clearasil Rapid Action Daily Face Wash.  I don't know about the claims of it clearing things in twelve hours but it does make my face feel clean but not dried out.  Then, in the morning, I tone my face with an Oxy Daily Defense cleansing pad.  I know that this isn't actually a toner or astringent, but I feel it gives me the extra protection against the day's dirt and grime. For my base moisturizer, I have two choices- The Simple moisturizing protecting lotion and the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (DDML).  When it's winter, I go for the DDML because it's heavier and really helps with harsh winter winds in Missouri but any other time of the year, I use the Simple skin moisturizer.  This is really nice and light, not oily at all.  It is made for sensitive skin, which I don't necessarily have, but sometimes my skin can be a bit finnicky and this is always a safe bet when putting it on.  I put on a base moisturizer because a BB Cream or tinted moisturizer doesn't necessarily have enough moisturizing power to last me all day.  On top of the base moisturizer, I put on my BB Cream and for this I use the Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream in Light/ Medium.  I find that the coverage of this is really nice, and makes a really good base for my makeup.  It covers up some smaller imperfections and makes the larger ones not as noticeable.  This is by far my favorite BB Cream but I've been wanting to try the Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream, would you suggest that one or is there another BB or CC cream that you like better? XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Visiting from Nikki's link up! I use the Garnier BB Cream as well, so far its my favourite but I'm not totally in love. Next on my 'to try' list is Olay BB Cream, I've heard great things about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into it, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. We've only ever tried SImple's facial cleanser but their other products are meant to be great too. Do you recommend anything else from their range?

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever tried the moisturizer but I've heard that the whole line is great for people with sensitive skin.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!