Friday, January 3, 2014

Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Color: Review

When I was at Ulta the other day, I picked up something that had been on my Christmas list- Benefit's Hydra-Smooth lip color lipstick in Tutti Cutie.


 I really love the packaging of this- It's elegant, sturdy, and practical.  I have a thing for Grecian Columns and that is what first drew me to this lipstick, the packaging.  I also love that it came in a cylinder container so it wasn't just a loose lipstick.  The applicator is not your typical slant tip lipstick, it looks more like a chisel.  I have found in applying this, that it makes it easier.  Because of how the top is shaped, it makes it really easy to do my cupids bow.
 This lipstick is more of a balm than a lipstick in texture and goes on pretty sheer on the lips.  The swatch below is four swipes of the lipstick.  It's a nice pink color that, on me, is one of those "my lips but better" colors.  I like the lipstick but I do wish it was a bit more opaque on my lips.  All in all, a really nice product and I'm glad that I purchased it.  Have you tried this new lipstick from Benefit? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. great post! I've always been curious about these lipsticks! Do they twist up or is that all it comes with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That packaging looks so cool. I've never seen a lipstick like that before! I like the colour you picked, and nice Tardis bracelet!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! these look really nice! going to have to check them out xx

    btw i followed you from meet me on the bright side blog.. would you be willing and check my blog out and maybe follow? www.traceysbeauty.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!