Sunday, May 10, 2015

Maybelline Matte Lipstick: REVIEW

This post is not part of Makeup MAYhem, it's just a normal everyday post because I wanted to share this product with you.
A few weeks ago, I picked up one of the new (or maybe they're not 'new' but they're new to me) Maybelline Creamy Matte lipsticks in the color 670 'Ravishing Rose'.  I picked this up because I've been LOVING their Rebel Bloom and Vivids collection so I figured I would give one of these a try and I was not disappointed.
I don't usually use matte lip products unless they are the Revlon Matte lip crayons because I was having trouble getting into this new fad but not anymore! I absolutely adore this lipstick; the color, the texture, the non-existent scent, everything about it is wonderful.  I don't find it drying my lips out even though it is a matte lipstick, which is unlike most mattes out there.  I do find that it can sink into the tiny lines in my lips if I don't leave a lip balm on for a few minutes beforehand but even if I don't do that it doesn't deter me from wearing the lipstick.  The color is the perfect pinky-nude on me, and anyone else who is pretty fair like I am.  The consistency is very creamy and the lipstick just glides onto the lips instead of having a dragging feeling like some other matte products I have tried.  I also like that the packaging is matte so that I can easily spot it in my collection.  That's actually one of the things I love about the Maybelline lipsticks in general- the packaging goes with the type of product in the tube.  Otherwise the packaging is like that of any other Maybelline lipstick, silver base with the color and name sticker on the bottom with the product in a silver bullet.  I picked this product up at Walmart where the Maybelline Creamy Matte's collection runs about $6 which, for a lipstick, isn't too bad when L'Oreal and Revlon can run $4-$8 so it's right there in the middle ground.  Have you tried this lipstick? What do you think of it? XOXO
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!