Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Makeup MAYhem Day 26: $20 Makeup Challenge

Okay, so I sort of cheated and didn't go out and buy makeup but I'm really trying really hard to stick to my No Buy  (one more month to go!) so I used what I had and used the prices from either the website for ELF, since it's the same at the store, and Walmart pricing for everything else because that's where I would have gone if I had been buying makeup for this challenge.  So here is what I used:
1. Maybelline Fit Me Matte And Poreless foundation in 110 Ivory- $4.79: I chose this for my foundation because I don't feel the need to use a powder with it.  Usually I do, but for the purpose of this post I did not use powder.  It keeps me matte all day and the coverage is great.  It doesn't oxidize on my skin and it stays in place pretty well. I used my fingers to apply this on my face to save money on not 'buying' brushes.
2. ELF Studio Cream Liner in Black- $3: I was lucky and this came with it's own brush so I could use it and not have to add an extra price for an eye liner brush.  I love this liner, it stays all day and I can actually line my waterline with it without feeling like I'm stabbing my eyes.  The only problem is that it does wear off my waterline after a while.
3. Rimmel Scandaleyes Curve Alert mascara- $5.47: This was a MUST for this list because it curls my lashes without having to use an eyelash curler.  Best drugstore mascara ever. Hands down.
4. ELF  Essential Lipstick in Socialable- $1: This lipstick is actually a bright pink not red like the picture makes it look.  With that being said, this product will be doing double duty as a lip color and a blush and I did try it and it worked out pretty well.  Sadly, I forgot to take pictures :/
5. Maybelline Brow Drama in Light- $5.97: Of course you have to do those brows! Get them on fleek girl, and this stuff does in a pinch for under $6.  I really like using it alone on the day to day because it gives my eyebrows a tint while still shaping them and holding the hairs in place.
My Total? $20.41 wahh wahh wahhhhhhhh but hey, I was only forty-one cents over budget, I was afraid I would be two or three dollars over budget.  I now tag all of you, try the $20 makeup challenge but I would say you don't have to go out and buy new things (unless you have the means and want to).  I hope you enjoyed this post! XOXO
BE Bold, Be Beautiful, Be YOU!

16 comments:

  1. It is amazing what little gems you can find in your stash if you have a no buy rule x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, if you check out my YouTube channel I did a video about rediscovered gems.

      Delete
  2. Ive got the Maybelline Matte + Poreless and really like it!! One of my favorite foundations right now. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it on sale because I had a coupon on a whim and I love it.

      Delete
  3. Aww some get picks here, i love rimmel mascaras x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive been meaning to try one of these challenges. elf is definitely a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the try. ELF is a bargain brand but definitely not cheap in how it's made.

      Delete
  5. I totally want that foundation. I have been checking it out. This made me want it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a great one to have in your foundation arsenal.

      Delete
  6. Great challenge :) I really want to try that foundation

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great one, it's becoming one of my favorites!

      Delete
  7. I'm trying to 'shop my stash' too rather than buying new products :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's hard, but it can be done and sometimes you find some real gems!

      Delete
  8. I love rediscovering beauty products, and that mascara was an old fave of mine! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!