Thursday, May 14, 2015

Makeup MAYhem Day 14: Clairsonic Mia REVIEW!

This is the Clairsonic Mia, first edition, in hot pink.  It costs $100 dollars.  Supposedly, it's supposed to be the best face cleansing tool out there but is it? Keep on reading to see my thoughts on the product and if it was worth saving to buy and if it's truly worth all of the hype...
I bought this not too long ago, and I got it for $75 because it went on sale during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty.  I had been wanting one for a long time after using my mom's on and off when I would come home as well as using the Olay face cleansing brush.  So when I saw that it would be $25 off, I figured why not? And, you know what, I'm so glad I did because this has been the best thing I could have ever done for my skin.
I didn't realize how much makeup just cleansing with my hands alone left on my skin, but after using this I really do get all of my makeup off and I can see the result in the brush head.  It did take some time to get used to the fact that it sort of pulsates and doesn't spin.  I was apprehensive about how that would clean my skin but it helps to bring the makeup and dirt and oil to the surface instead of grinding it into my skin.  As well as being a great brush, it holds a charge for what seems like forever.  I got it two months (or somewhere around there) ago and after the initial charging the day I got it I haven't had to charge it yet.  It does have a nice weight to it, so I wouldn't want to drop it on my foot- that would hurt!  It took me awhile to find the right type of cleanser to work with it because when I tried my cleansing oil with it, the oil just leaked out but if you use a cream to a balm consistency cleanser it's perfect and it grips to the bristles for you to rub around your face.  That's the other thing I learned about this product, it's best to go in circular motions than a stroking motion.  I don't know exactly why but my face always feels and looks cleaner that way.  Now, I did get the breakouts that people warn you about but after a month and a half they went a way and my breakouts and singular pimples have stayed at bay.  So don't let that be a deterrent in you getting one of the Clairsonics.
So, is it worth the hype? Most definitely.  Is it worth the price? Yes, although if you can wait until the VIB sale (if you're VIB or VIB Rouge) at Sephora or a 20% everything coupon from Ulta I would.  Just to take the sting away a little bit from the price.  What do you think? Do have one or want one? If you have one, do you think it was worth it? XOXO
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!