Saturday, May 30, 2015

Makeup MAYhem Day 30: Top 5 Favorite Lipglosses of the Moment

Hello Stars! We're nearing the end of Makeup MAYhem and for the last blog post of MAYhem, I decided to show you my top 5 favorite lipglosses.  If you're curious, keep reading and I hope you enjoy!

1. Revlon HD lipgloss in 510 'Tourmaline'- I love this brand of lipgloss but especially this color because it is so bright and, just, so pretty!  It makes me think of the Barbie Dolls I used to play with as a child.  These lipglosses are really creamy and pigmented.  Many of them do have tiny shimmers in them, which doesn't bother me because I'm the type of person who thinks the more shimmer the better.  The applicator is a brush instead of the typical doe-foot applicator which took me a while to get used to.  Once I did, however, I found it easier to control when applying the product to my lips and that it doesn't wipe as much product off when you go in for a second coat which you really don't have to do because it's pretty opaque already.
2. Buxom Full On Lip Polish in 'Sophia'- This is something that I just recently discovered but had had for a while.  I have fallen in love with Buxom lip polishes because of this, it makes my lips feel absolutely amazing and tingly (which I love).  The color is great for those days when you want something on your lips but don't want a bright pop of color but do want some shimmer.  I really like this because the shimmer makes it look like a duo-chrome and depending on the light it can look light pink or nude, I know, not much of a difference but still... Anyway, love it, get it, done.
3. Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in 020 'Rio Rush'-  This is a really unique product because it's a stain but it's creamy but it feels really wet on the lips.  See? Unique, and it stays glossy while still staining the lips, it's a bit difficult to describe.  The applicator is a tear drop shaped doe-foot like applicator that is slightly bent in order to pick up a bit more product.  The color itself is very opaque in the pink shown in the picture as well as the deep purple I have.  They are great lip glosses/stains but I don't think I will be picking anymore up because I'm pretty happy with my pink and purple.
4. YSL Gloss Voloupte in 15- This is my only YSL product and it was a gift from my best friend for my birthday.  It's everything I love in a lipgloss- pink, opaque, and glittery but not super duper over the top glittery.  This gloss hydrates my lips while giving them a nice pop of color.  I just love this lip gloss. It was love at first swatch.  It's a doe foot applicator in a diamond shape that molds to your lip's shape and contour and just applies the perfect amount of product.
5. Gerard Cosmetics lipgloss in 'Nude'- This is the first nude lipgloss that actually is nude and doesn't wash me out or make my lips look orange.  This is your typical doe foot applicator BUT what makes this gloss special is not the gloss itself, even though it is pretty freakin' amazing, it's the packaging.  There is a mirror on the side and then little lights in the cap so you can actually see what you're doing when you're applying it when the lighting isn't the best.  The lip gloss itself is very creamy and pigmented, needing only one swipe to make it opaque on the lips.  I love this gloss so much because of the fact that it really does look just like my lip color just a little glossier.

So that's it guys, my top 5 lipglosses- for the moment anyway, it's always changing.  I hope you enjoyed this post and if you did, subscribe or leave a comment telling me what you would like to see me post about next! XOXO
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!