Friday, June 13, 2014

Urban Decay Moondust: REVIEW!

I talked briefly about this product in yesterday's post and figured I would do a full review of Urban Decay's Moondust eyeshadow in Glitter Rock which is a pinky purple glitter eyeshadow. You can purchase them on the Urban Decay Website, at Ulta, or Sephora for $20.  Like most eyeshadows, this can be used wet or dry but personally I prefer to use them dry.
The swatch on the furthest left of my hand is the eyeshadow dry and on the right is it wet.  When it is wet there is a lot less fall out but I don't think the pigmentation is as good when it's wet.  While you would think that the texture would be hard and gritty because of all of the glitter, it's not.  The consistency is rather smooth and goes on really nicely.  The application process isn't as messy as you would think, while there is some fallout because of the fact that it's a major glitter shadow, there isn't as much as there would be if it were, say, a loose pigment glitter eyeshadow.  I would definitely recommend keeping a brush and a makeup towelette handy when applying this, so if any gets on your fingers you can wipe it off and not get the glitter everywhere.
I wear this day or night because it can be used as a light all over wash or a heavy all over wash or as a definer in the crease for a night out.  I really love this eyeshadow because it's fun and a really nice color.  In the collection there are a total of seven colors, ranging from a nice champagne glitter to a medium grey glitter shadow meaning there is a shadow for every day and night.  Have you tried this shadow? What do you think of it? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!