Monday, June 23, 2014

The Wedding Series: Purple Haze

For the next part in my wedding series, I'll be showing you how to make purple work and not look tacky in a look I call Purple Haze.  
My base is the same as in bronzed beauty, Revlon Photo Ready liquid foundation in Ivory topped with Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 003 Natural.  I love using Revlon products because they go on with such ease and have a good medium to full coverage.  On my cheeks I again used the Cargo blush in Los Cabos.  This blush gives a nice wash of color to your cheeks without being in your face bright.
 All over my lid I used Magic which is a pinky purple with an iridescent glow.  I then used the third eye shadow from the bottom, which is a combination of bright pink and bright purple with some shimmer in my crease and to create a nice shape to my eyes.  I then used Tornado, the deep purple, just on the very corners of my eyes to give them some depth.  For eyeliner I used a deep eggplant purple called Rockstar by Urban Decay in their 24/7 Glide on eye pencil.
Then for my lashes I used the Lash Accelerator to do my upper and lower lashes.  I really like the brush of this mascara because it is much smaller than most mascara's so you have the chance to coat every lash.  It also helps to lengthen my lashes and make them look fuller.
 To finish off the look I wanted to go for a 'my lips but better' look.  For that I chose Stila shimmer luxe gloss in Kitten.  The brush is like that of a normal brush and not a doe foot applicator, which makes it much easier to apply precisely.
What do you think of this look? XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Really useful and cool :) I'm a new follower- could you possibly head over to my blog and follow?! Thanks:) mycharlottesweboflife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, of course I'll check out your blog! Congratulations on starting one.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!