Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Wedding Series: Bronzed Beauty

Hello all, I'm back again with another part of the Wedding Series with this look focusing on bronze and gold toned colors.  This is a great look for both brides, bridesmaids, and guests alike because it is so versatile and goes with practically any color dress you can come up with.  This look is about giving you a nice healthy glow without having to go to the tanning salon and risk doing damage to your skin.  First, I will show you the final product and then tell you how I went about creating it.
For my base I used Revlon Photo Ready liquid foundation in Ivory and I applied it with my buffing brush by Real Techniques.  I then used the Revlon Photo Ready concealer in Light to cover a few blemishes that had cropped up over night.  I set my whole foundation with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 003 Natural.

For blush I used a blush by Cargo called Los Cabos, which is a bright coral with gold running through it.   It may look a bit scary in the pan and too dark but trust me, when you put it on it blends out wonderfully.  A big bonus about this blush is that it is waterproof.  I then used the all over shimmer duo by Stila in Kitten to give my face a bit of a sunkissed look.  I put the bronzer down the bridge of my nose, on my forehead, and right above where I put the blush.
 
For my eyes I started with priming them with Too Faced's priming potion I then put a light gold all over my lid and then took the more brass colored shadow and put it in the crease as a definer.  I then lined my eyes with black eyeliner by NYX and finished it off with Maybelline's Falsies mascara.
 
 
I finished off the look with a red lip.  For that I used MAC's lipstick in A14 Head in the Clouds.  I liked this color because it was more orange toned than blue toned so it complimented the eye shadow nicely and has gold shimmer running through it.  Also, it's brand new and I hadn't used it yet and this look fit the bill for me to try it out!


So you see, this look is really easy to complete with only two shadow colors and not much else.  This would especially look great at a summer wedding where everything is light and airy.  What do you think of this look? XOXO

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!