Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Wedding Series: Au Natural

The next few days is going to be dedicated to good wedding looks for the bride as well as for the guests.  I chose to do this series because summer is a big wedding season.  This first look is inspired by the natural beauty that is inside the bride and allows her natural features show through, so I kept it light and airy with a neutral color palette. Enjoy!

Here we have a very bare faced me, so you have an idea as to what I'm working with.

First I start out with the basics, primer, foundation and powder. I primed my skin with the Revlon Photo Ready face primer then I used the mousse version foundation from the Revlon Photo Ready collection in the color Ivory.  To apply the foundation I used my Real Techniques buffing brush to gently buff the color onto my skin, this has become my favorite way putting on foundation because it gives nice coverage and distributes the color evenly.  I then used my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Light to set my foundation.  I use this stuff so often that I have finally hit the pan and will need to go and get a new one soon.

I then used my NYX blush in 'Pinched'.  I really like this blush because it goes on so nicely and gives the cheeks a barely noticeable flush so your face isn't overpowered by blush.  I applied it to the apples of my cheeks and swept up to my hairline.  This will give the rosey glow that so many brides look for when going in for makeup for the big day. For my eyeshadow I used the BH Cosmetics Day to Night palette.  I used the light taupe color in the crease and used a salmon pink all over the lid. Then instead of using a black eyeliner, opt for a brown one.  It is more natural and less harsh than the black liner.  For this I used my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in 'Whiskey', this brown is warmer than some, and helps to open your eyes up.
For my lashes I used my favorite mascara, Rimmel Scandaleyes Curve Alert Mascara.  The reason I love this mascara so much is that you can use it without curling your lashes and still get a nice flick in your mascara.
For my lips I used Revlon Just Bitten lip stain in Passion which is a pinky-magenta color.  It goes on nicely and it doesn't budge, even when you eat dinner or kiss your new husband.  One thing that's great about the lip stain is that it comes with it's own balm on the other end of the pen, so you don't have to scramble to find one so your lips don't dry out.  Here is the finished look:
 I hope you enjoyed this look! I would love to hear what you think. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!