Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Yves Saint Laurent Gloss in #15 Golden: Review

Here's another brand I've been dying to try because they are raved about by every beauty blogger I read and they have such pretty colors in their range.  I had been on the fence about buying myself one because I'm trying to save up for a car BUT my best guy friend is amazeballs and let me pick out one thing from Sephora as my graduation gift so needless to say, I picked a YSL lipgloss.  I chose the color #15 Golden which is actually more of a bright pink than gold but it does have gold shimmer running through it.


 Firstly, the packaging. I mean, can you get anymore elegant? I feel so special each time I open this and take it out of the box.  YSL definitely has the high end packaging down pat.
 The applicator is not your typical doe foot applicator.  According to YSL it's supposed to hug your lips and curves of your mouth.  I found it very hard to work with the first time I used it because I couldn't figure out which side went where.  I then came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter as long as applies the gloss. :) I was afraid that this would feel gloopy and glopy but it didn't.  This may sound weird but to me it almost had a silken feel to it which I really liked.  There is a slight scent to this but nothing unpleasant, it's kinda fruity sweet.

 Here is the product swatched and on my lips.  As you can see, the pink tone of it is why I'm confused as to why it is called Golden but, ah well, can't win them all.  I really liked the formulation of this and the staying power is typical of a lip gloss, so nothing too spectacular there but the rest of the product is amazing and I would definitely buy more YSL products in the future.  Have you tried any of their products? What did you think of them?

1 comment:

  1. I've always warned to try out YSL lip glosses and lipsticks but they're just so expensive :( anyways, this is a really pretty shade and it suits your skin tone ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!