Thursday, June 12, 2014

And then there was one (or four)

I'm a palette kind of person when it comes to eyeshadows but when it comes to certain colors I just feel the need to own them on their own. The other thing is that they are all different brands too, drugstore to high end. Here are my individual thoughts on the four individual shadows I own :)

The first up is the cult classic, Kitten by Stila.  This is a warm golden color that is suitable for every skin tone either as an all over lid wash or as a highlighter. This is the most famous color from Stila and is known by beauty gurus world round.  The texture is nice and it's not super glittery, which is good for every day wear.  If you get the chance I highly recommend picking it up and making it a part of your every day rotation.
The next up is MAC's eyeshadow, Jest. I don't know too much about the popularity of this product but I really like it, this is also my first MAC eyeshadow.  To me, the color is in the Taupe family with a slight frost.  The texture is velvety, almost creamy in a sense, and goes on really nicely.  There is no fallout which is really nice.  So far I've used this as a crease shadow and as an all over color, personally I like it both ways.
The third on this list is a drugstore brand, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Breaking Bronze.  This is the only loose pigment I own at the moment and I'm really happy with it. The only issue, and it's not really an issue, is that you have to be careful of the fallout.  The color is a really nice crease color and makes the eyes pop! I also like this because this is more of a shimmer or glitter than a frost, which the first two are.
And the final is by Urban Decay, from their moondust collection.  This collection is full of highly pigmented, VERY glittery eyeshadows, I believe there are six in all.  This color is called Glitter Rock and boy does the name suite it well, it's almost straight glitter.  Frankly, it's one of those, the eyeshadow is there to hold up the glitter types and for that there isn't that bad of a fallout considering.  This color is a pinkish purple and I really like it if I want to make my eyes look really glittery, which is a lot of times.
What are some of your favorite solo shadows? XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!