Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Weekend Post #5: Superbowl Sunday

It is known far and wide that I am a die hard Ravens fan.  So, in honor of them playing in the Superbowl (and winning) I painted my nails in gold, purple, and black.  I dabble in nail art, but am nowhere near as good as my dad is, yet I try.
For the purple, I used my Sinful Colors purple.  It's a really nice texture, sparkly, but it isn't opaque in one coat- it usually takes two.  I only applied one coat because I wasn't in the mood (nor did I have the time) to wait around for the second coat to dry and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the sheer wash of purple it gave my nails.  For the gold, I used OPI's Goldeneye from their James Bond collection.  It's a wonderful color, very opaque, and just a really nice nail polish all around.  Then I used a black nail polish with a very thin brush to make the designs on my nails.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about this polish.  It can get pretty chunky after a while and the brush is very thin and long, making it very difficult to get a precise line or design.  Here was the final product:
I was pretty happy with how they turned out.  I'm not too good at doing designs, so that doesn't look very nice but I figure Hey, I did it myself.  I get an 'A' for effort, right? Haha, I kid, I kid... but, no, seriously.
How did you spend your weekend, or Superbowl Sunday? XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to the Ravens as they beat the 49ers. It is hard for me to say that as I was born in the City by the Bay and live in the Bay Area.

    Saw your blog on a link-up.

    csuhpat1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was born in SoCal but all my families from the East sooo... haha, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!