Friday, February 15, 2013

Allergy Eyes

With winter coming to a close and spring just around the corner, it means that all of us suffering from seasonal and environmental allergies are in for a bumpy ride.  Along with the sneezing, runny nose, scratchy throat, and blotchy skin comes bright red eyes.  After working with color and what compliments what for a while now, just for fun though, I have learned what eyeliner colors are best to wear when your eyes are red.
 (Sorry for the sad state of my face, btw)
Usually I don't wear much, if any, makeup during the day- problems of going to an all women's college... hmmm, maybe I'll do a post about that.  Anyway, my eyes were really bright red this morning because of how windy it was and the fact that we're expecting rain which makes me sneeze non-stop.  I start out with putting my contacts in and then following that with two drops in each eye of Visine Advanced Redness Relief eye drops.  This helps to make my eyes less itchy so I don't rub at them during the day and take the makeup off.  I then used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl eyeliner in 005 Nude which I just picked up after hearing so many bloggers rave about it- look for a full review soon! I lined my bottom water line with this.  Lining your water line takes lots of practice so your lower lash line will work too.  I then took my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil (Kohl) in the color Radium and lined my upper lash line with it.  It's a mid toned blue with a slight hint of shimmer to it.  I love Urban Decay eyeliners, they are seriously my hands down favorite eyeliners I have ever owned.  the combination of these colors helps to counteract the redness in my eyes throughout the day and when the redness does die down, it looks nice but isn't too 'in your face' with the blue.
What do you do during allergy season to help you not look so 'allergy like'? XOXO

4 comments:

  1. I must have super oily eyes 'cause halfway through the day my eyeliner is a big mess. Does Urban Decay have staying power? I adore their colors! Following you from Doing You Well Wednesday... Blessings to you! Jules
    http://www.bles-id.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I think they have the best staying power of any pencil type eyeliner I've used (the one's I have are Kohl so they go on smoother and without a lot of tugging)

      Delete
  2. I know the feeling of irritated eyes too well. The UD 24/7 eyeliners are my favorite for those days too. :)

    simplylinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just the best? The eyeliner I mean :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!