Monday, February 25, 2013

A new holy grail product!!

I have always sworn by my Pur Minerals foundation in Fair/ light.  It's a powder, goes on easily, and doesn't cake up.  Yet after hearing many a blogger rave about the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, I decided I NEEDED (okay, wanted... but those words are interchangeable, right?).  I went to Walmart with a friend on Martin Luther King Jr. Day to get more printer ink and how can I not pass up going by the beauty section.  It was at that moment I caved and bought it in the first color that comes after Translucent, I chose color 003 Natural.  It was pale because I am a Paley McPale Face.
I have to say, I really really like this powder!!!  It doesn't have too bad of a powdery smell, the product is easy to get out of the pan, and it lives up to it's Stay Matte name.  I'm tend to have oilier skin, but not to the point where I could poach and egg on my face, just a tiny bit more than someone with normal skin.  I'm technically classified as combination.   With trekking all over campus, being in the theater so much, and working out any powders that I wear come off and *poof* makeup is all gone and I seem oilier than I did in the morning.  YET, with this it doesn't come off as easily throughout the day and it does keep my skin looking matte and nice.
 The only qualm I have with this product is the packaging.  It's got a clear lid that I keep trying to twist off, but after about thirty seconds I remember that you just pull it off.  The case is just two pieces of plastic that I'm sure that if I carried it around in my bag, I would have a broken powder case and powder by the end of the week.  I love this product, and have deemed it holy grail materiel.

Do you have any drugstore powder brands that keep your skin matte without looking cakey or breaking the bank? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love this powder too! It's amazing :) I agree though, the packaging needs some work (would love to transfer it to my mac compact with my mirror haha).

    La Vie, Style et Beaute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the packaging but it's definitely a new love!

      Delete
  2. thank you for your input, i might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you do, please let me know! I would love to hear what you think about it :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Returning the follow and can't wait to read more :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!