Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February Birchbox: Opening and Initial Reaction

Today, I received my very first Birchbox!  The tracking number had said that it wouldn't be hear until Friday, so I was squealing as soon as I looked in my mail box and saw the green slip that told me I  had a package- I think I probably squealed until I received my package and then there was more squealing as I opened it.  Let me say, I was not disappointed with my first Birchbox! :)
The theme for this month's box was 'Red Carpet Ready'. This made me so happy since I am a theatre major with an emphasis in performance and the biggest night of the month for me is Oscar night.
Here's what came in this months box:
1. Beauty Protector (in the red spray bottle)- This spray is supposed to nourish and detangle your hair.  It is a leave in conditioner that you don't have to rinse  out, you can leave it in.
2. Color Club Nail Polish (Color: Mamba)- This is the Birchbox brand of nail polish, and I'm very picky about the varnish I use on my nails so we'll have to see how this goes.
3. Juicy Couture Perfume in La La Juicy- This is obviously just a little sample size but I'm super excited to try this out because I'm always on the hunt for a new perfume (not like I don't have enough already).
4. Wei Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask- I've never tried a full on hair mask like this, so I'm excited to give it a spin.
5.  Wei Pomegranate Buffing Beads- These are little beads that can make your favorite shower gel into a scrub or you can just add water to them and create just 'scruby water'.  This is another thing that I am super stoked to try.
Then of course there was a piece of Ghiradelli chocolate with caramel in it.  This was a bit random but a really nice treat.
Do you have any favorite items from your Birchbox or other monthly subscription box/ bag? XOXO

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a great box! That nail polish looks lovely! And those buffing beads sound like such a great idea! I'd love to try something like that. I'm only subscribed to Topbox and Lip Factory here in Canada, but I think they are both pretty good. Great review! :)

    http://stephsbeautyboutique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. Does the detangling spray work well? And what is the mud mask for purifying hair roots like?
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really had a chance to try them yet, but I'll put up a review as soon as I do! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!