Friday, March 1, 2013

It's a new mascara kind of day!

Known to all, I LOVE my Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara and I really really love my Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion mascara- bet's to say it's my favorite mascara ever.  Yet, the other day while I was in Walmart I picked up the new Rimmel Scandaleyes Curve Alert Mascara and I've been pretty darn happy with it!
 It's been forever since I used a mascara that had the actual bristle brush and not have the plastic bristles like my Covergirl mascara, and I was a little bit more than wary because my experience with these types of brushes has been less than lackluster.  My eyelashes would go all spidery and clumpy and it just would look terrible, but this brush is different.  I don't know how or why or maybe it's because I've learned to apply makeup properly but my eyelashes aren't clumping when I use this.
 I didn't take a picture with no mascara, but this is one coat of the mascara on my somewhat curled eyelashes.  In terms of volume or length it's not terribly all that great, but when it comes to curving and giving a winged out look, this hits the spot.  I think this would be great for an everyday mascara because it's not too in your face, it's just a nice natural lash with that tiny bit of extra something to enhance my eyes.  This would also be really good if I do a double coat with this as the base coat and then I finish it off with my Covergirl mascara, then it would be a very nice eye for going out on the town or in my case- being on the stage.
All in all, I'm very impressed with this mascara and I would definitely consider repurchasing it.
What are some of your favorite mascaras? XOXO

12 comments:

  1. My favorite mascaras are probably Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! and Sephora Collection Full Action Extreme Effect mascara. I would definitely recommend them though they are a little pricey.
    I'm a new follower over here from the Weekend Meet and Greet blog hop and a fellow beauty blogger. Hope you'll come check out my blog as well. :)
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I will definitely look into them :) I will definitely hop on over to your blog.

      Delete
  2. Hi Emma, I never really thought about my mascara very much. I usually just grab a black one from one of the name brands I recognize. Oh, and if there is one on sale, I opt for that one. I will definitely take a closer look on my next mascara shopping adventure.

    Have a fantastic week, Darlene
    http://darlenebnemeth.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly reccomend Covergirl but I've heard great things about L'Oreal Telescopic mascara but I just haven't had luck with it :)

      Delete
  3. hmm.. Nice post about mascara..
    Keep share emma.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It is a really nice mascara, you definitely should :)

      Delete
  5. I think I might have to buy some now! I recently bought a new mascara and HATE it - so I need to get another one asap. Thanks for sharing.

    New follower from the blog hop. Hope you can stop by my blog and follow me back.

    Phylicia
    http://heartsncraftsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hate it when you buy a new mascara with high hopes and then it just doesn't live up to the expectations. I will definitely give it a look :)

      Delete
  6. I always hate trying new mascaras. Thanks for the review. I am your newest GFC follower and found you via 'I Love My Online GFC Friends Hop'. Hope you have a wonderful day.
    Angie G.
    http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to, but I make myself try them because you never know what you'll be totally surprised by :) Thank you for hopping on by! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!