Monday, March 25, 2013

The Body Shop Body Butter Duo: REVIEW

At Christmas, I received quite a few Body Shop products and I was really excited to try them.  I was not impressed with the mini coconut body butter and mini coconut body scrub, so I figured I would switch it up and try the full sized product I had received.  There are two different body butters in this tub, one that's pretty thick and heavy and the other is really light and creamy.  They both smell really good, and apply really well.  The heavier of the two creams you really have to dig a little bit to get it out.  I have been putting this on after I get out of the shower and it has done a pretty good job at keeping me moisturized during the night and the scent does hang around for a bit and can get a bit annoying.
Now, I have heard a lot of bad things about how they produce their products and how the test them.  I have not dug into the subject very deeply but I know a lot of people who have stopped buying their products because of it.
Have you ever used any Body Shop products? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. I use this exact same body butter and I also really like how hydrating it is, but I agree, I wish the scent wasn't so strong for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they could just take it down three notches, it would be perfect!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty obsessed with body butters. I have one in acai berry. The scent is ok, but not when it's around for a gazillion hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really need to test the scents strength before they put it on the market.

      Delete
  3. From my understanding, most people who have stopped purchasing from them stopped because The Body Shop (which is cruelty-free) is owned by L'Oreal (which is not cruelty-free). People don't want to buy from The Body Shop because the money they spend there ultimately goes to L'Oreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, thank you so much for clarifying it. :) and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!