Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Weekend Post #7: My Makeup Bible

This book right here, the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual, is my makeup bible.  This is one of the things that really launched me into the makeup and cosmetic industry to where I am, blogging and vlogging and tweeting, today.  I only got this a year or two ago as a Christmas gift from my Aunt but I am constantly reading it because there is always something new that I get from it every time I read it.  As it says, it's for beginners and pros, and it is just the best book.  Granted, I only own two other makeup books but they're both for stage makeup and special effects which is a totally different animal.  I don't even know where to start with this book!
It talks about the basics, but also about all skin types, colors, special events, everyday makuep bags, drawers, as well as what you should have in your bag if you want to go a bit more pro with the whole thing.  There is a ton of great advice as well as wonderful diagrams and pictures! I know she has another book out but I haven't been able to get it yet, but once I do I'm sure I won't put it down :D
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!
Do you have any makeup or beauty books that you love? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Great book!! It is one of my favs too.

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful because you can just pick a section- any section- and just read it :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear it is so inspiring. I will have to check this out!

    Just Joan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :) found your site while blog hopping :) Followed you ;) hope you will follow me back.

    I am not much of a makeup lady - in fact, I don't know how to paint my face at all LOL The only thing I know how to use is a lipstick :) But nice meeting you around :)

    joy
    http://chemist2writer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I definitely will give your blog a check out :) And that's totally cool, most days I never wear any sort of makeup ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!