Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Weekend Post #4

My cuticles are just the worst ever.
Okay, maybe not EVER, but they're pretty darn bad.  The skin around my nails is really bad too, really dry and cracked and just unpleasant, so this weekend when I was in the Mart of Walls (known as Walmart) I picked up the Burts Bees cuticle cream.  In combination with the  hands on work with tools or paint, as well as the cold, dry, weather it makes my hands especially bad.  I had a small tin of this when I was younger and never really liked it or saw that it worked but I decided to give it a second chance and boy am I happy I did!
I've only been using this for a day and a half, but I already see a difference. It is very oily but since I only put it on my nail area, I can deal with it.  The smell is kinda strong because it is lemon but it dissipates pretty quickly.
After tending to my poor hands, I decided they needed a new color but not something that would show when it chips because for the next two weeks I won't have much time to worry about them because of the opening of The Tempest drawing near.  I love Sinful Color nail polish, it's a great consistency for application and there is a huge range of colors.  I chose a bright gold color that I love from their collection (sadly, it doesn't photograph too well). Here they are-
How do you care for your nails? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. sometimes I put lipbalm on my cuticles to moisturise, but that's about it! :)

    Steph // Giveaway!! fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried that, but it never really worked for me- I'm glad it works for you.

      Delete
  2. Hey I found your blog from the Blog Hop! I am now a follower of yours! Check out my blog and follow back if you would like :)

    http://www.ashleyelizabeth21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma! Thanks so much for dropping by and following...following you now! I LOVE everything Burt's Bees. I use the lemon butter cuticle cream also, you're right...it is strong, but worth it! It works even better with the healthy hands cotton gloves. Have a wonderful day!

    Michell @Prowess and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of those gloves, that's good to know! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!