Friday, January 4, 2013

And I had such high hopes...

I received the Cynthia Rowley Nail Rebuilding Base Coat in my stocking this Christmas, and I was so excited to use it because I have really peely nails.  After using it for two weeks with out any nail polish on top to help 'heal nails', I used it as a base coat (as told) under my favorite cherry red nail polish.  The day after I painted my nails, the polish started coming off in sheets! Pictures below:

As you can see, some of the nails had the polish come off in one piece and then all the others huge chunks were coming off.  Now, when I was little I had the same problem but for the last four years or so my nails were holding polish without chipping for at least a week so when this started happening again, I KNEW it was the base coat.  I was so upset that this didn't work for me because I have been looking for something to help rebuild my nails and keep them from peeling when not painted.  I will never, ever, buy this polish base again.  Also, when it was on my alone for two weeks, my nails started to look really lined and like they were even more unhealthy than when I started.  Definitely a product that is NOT worth your money, at all.

What nail polish do you use to help keep your nails from peeling and breaking? XOXO

6 comments:

  1. OPI Nail Envy is good stuff!

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever heard of Seacret? If not I'll show you when we get back to school. I love this product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, but I'd love to see what you're talking about!

      Delete
  3. I use Nail Aid Ultra Fast Growth, which you can find at Walmart for less than $5. (It might be a bit more online.) It's the only one I'll use at this point, either on bare nails or as a base coat. Keeps my nails strong and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good to know, thank you! I'll definitely look into it :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!