Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Ivation Curling Wand: First Time Review!!

 For my 22nd birthday, I really wanted a curling wand and I got one! My aunts and uncle are absolutely amazing.  This is the Ivation 3 in 1 Tourmaline curling wand.  The barrels snap on and off really easily but not so easily that it is unsteady or unsafe.  Keep reading to see what I thought of my first attempt at using a curling wand!
Firstly, I wanted to protect my hair, so I took my Chi Iron Guard and spritzed my hair with it to protect it from the heat.
I used my rat-tail comb to separate my hair into the front and the back since I was only going to try and curl the front and I was planning to use my Aqua Net hairspray to get it to hold if I so desired to do so.
So here is what my hair looked like before I took the curling wand to it:
Super straight, super boring, no me gusta.  But then I tried the curling wand for the first time.  I used the smallest attachment because my hair is still pretty short considering, so I think that is will be the attachment I will be using for awhile.  Here was the final result, please keep in mind I had never used a curling wand before in my life:
I held each little strip of hair on the wand for about five to seven seconds and it gave me nice bouncy waves that I could make tighter or looser depending on what I wanted.  I do have to get better at using my left hand to wrap the hair and how to hold the wand to get a better, bouncier, spiralier curl.  All in all, I am very very happy with this gift and very thankful for it.  I'm excited to finally be able to curl my hair with more than just the straigthener which means I can also now get different types of curls too.  I'm very very excited to have this new 'toy' (although it's not a  toy, kids) to play with.  What do you think of curling wands? Do you use them and like them? What advice would you give me for the next time I use it? XOXO
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!