Monday, June 29, 2015

June Jubilee Day 21: Top 5 Foundations

Hi guys! Welcome back to another day of posting and another day of June Jubilee- which is sadly coming to the end, boohoo! But do not fear, I already have my blog and YouTube (channel found here) schedule up on my planning/inspiration board so there will be plenty more to come!  Today, I will be showing you my top 5 favorite foundations, so let's get started!
1. First up in our line up is the new, and very popular, Maybelline Fit Me! Matte and Poreless foundation.  I got this in the lightest color, but I think I actually could have gone a color up (SHOCKER!) I really really like this foundation.   I got it from Ulta when Maybelline was 40% off and I figured, 'hey, why not?' and I am so glad that I did.  It makes my skin look flawless and keeps it pretty matte, especially with the partnering powder, throughout the whole day with no need for touch ups.  I highly recomend this product to people with oily skin but also for the summer when everyone tends to get oily during the hot day.
2. Next up is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind foundation.  I really like this foundation for when I want a lighter coverage but still want something with a bit of coverage.  It is like the concealer in the fact that it does have the sponge tip.  I don't mind it on the concealer but I find it hard to blend out when it is on the foundation.  This is a really good foundation for the summer because it is such a lightweight coverage and still has a good light coverage.
3. Third is the Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect foundation in, once again, the lightest color.  I loved the original of this photoready foundation and so I was a bit wary when I tried their new 'Airbrush Effect' version but you know what? It's actually  pretty okay.  Now, I have never had an airbrushed foundation so I don't have anything to compare it to but I don't think it really lives up to the Airbrush claim.  Yet, as a foundation it is wonderful in coverage and does not get cakey or slip and slide all over the place.  I do find that it helps to set it with a powder, I use the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder which is my Holy of Holy Grail products.  It really keeps the foundation from sliding around and helps to set it so you don't look too oily.  You do look a bit 'dewy' but definitely not oily (if you use a powder).  This is a great foundation and I would once again recommend you get it.
4.  Now this is the cheapest out of all of the foundations I have shown you, it is $6.  If you had asked me a year and a half ago if I would have loved an ELF foundation and put it into a top 5, I would have scoffed but now? Here I am, putting an ELF foundation in my Top 5 foundations.  This is their Acne Fighting Foundation and it is the most full coverage foundation that they offer.  I really like it for the days when my acne decides to act up because it really does have ingredients to help fight the pimples and zits that decide to take residence on my face.  While being full coverage it is not cakey.  Very good, great price, thumbs up.
5. Now I just showed you my least expensive pick, here is my most expensive pick and I LOVE this foundation.  It is a bit pricey, being in the $30 range but it is worth it for those special occasions or days when I really want to feel special. It makes my skin look amazing and feel amazing and it's just amazing.  I just love it. It's amazing, just, bravo MUFE, bravo.
What are some of your favorite foundations, I would love to know!
Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be YOU! XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!