Saturday, March 1, 2014

February 2014 Favorites

As another month comes to a close, another favorites post is born.  So without much 'ta-da', here is my February 2014 favorites!
1) First up is, what could possibly be, my number one Holy Grail item- Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion.  My mum turned me onto this lotion right before I left California but I didn't really like it until it started getting cold here in Missouri.  This lotion has been a skin saver, especially this winter.  It's thick and creamy and doesn't leave your skin feeling oily.  It sinks in really quickly and makes your skin feel softer almost instantly.  This is also great for people with sensitivities to strong scents because, depending on which one you choose, there is little or no scent at all.  Even when there is a scent, it smells like fresh baby powder.  This is my third big bottle of this lotion since I've come to college. One little pump for each arm and leg or for both hands and you're good, so it lasts you a good while.  You can find this here or at any drugstore for around $8-$10.

 2) The blush I've been really loving this month is the Stila Custom Color Blush in Coral, which can be found here or at any Ulta or Sephora's for $20.  What makes this blush unique is that it self adjusts to your skin tone, giving you that nice flush.  There are three different colors to choose from, the coral color, a fuchsia like color, and a bronze color.  The pink fuchsia color really scared me in the pan, and I'm not a bronzer person yet, so I went with the coral color and I'm so glad I did.  You only need a little amount on your brush and then a light hand, and it goes on wonderfully.  It comes in a nice sleek black compact with a really nice mirror.  It also has a shimmer that runs through it that translates really nicely onto the skin and doesn't make you look like a mirror ball.   
 3) The face lotion I've really been loving this month is made by Burt's Bees, it is their Intense Hydration day lotion with clary sage in it.  This product can be found anywhere Burt's Bees products are sold like Target, Wallgreens, or at Walmart for around $18.  I do find the price of this to be a bit steep, but what I've been using was an extra in my monthly Birchbox.  It's has a gel like and yet cream like consistency and absorbs really nicely into my skin.  I use this before I put my tinted moisturizer on and it has really been helping my skin stay moisturized when it's been so cold out.  The one thing about this that will turn me off from purchasing this in the future is the price for how much you get.  I think I will work on using up my other day creams first before I invest.
 4) My most worn eye shadow this month has been Stila's ever famous, cult classic, 'Kitten'.  This can be found in stores at Ulta or Sephora or online at either of the shops online sites for $18.  This is a mini size that I got when I ordered the Stila collectible Kitten set, which came with all of their Kitten colored products.  I love the consistency of this shadow, it is so easy to apply and there is no fallout that I have noticed when applying it.  It is a soft texture and is best put on with a fluffy eye shadow brush.  You can use this as an all over eye color wash or as the base for a more dramatic or smokey bronze eye.  The other thing I love about this is that it is a color that really flatters everyone.  I have heard that L'Oreal has a dupe, so I'll have to check that out because I have fallen in love with this shadow and it's color.
 5) Out of my plethora of mascara's, Revlon's  Lash Potion mascara is the one that I've been reaching for the most.  You can find this at Target, Wallgreens, Walmart, or any drugstore for around $5.  This gives my eyelashes just the right amount of oomph that I like during the day without spending time to curl them, but I can make my eyes look more dramatic when I curl my lashes and use this mascara at night.  I would definitely repurchase this mascara, which is a big deal, since I absolutely adore my Rimmel mascaras.
6) And finally, I added a new accessory to my wardrobe this past week- a lovely pink cast splint.  I dropped my wheelchair on my left wrist/hand while trying to tighten the wheels and wound up severely spraining my wrist. Isn't it a lovely accessory? It definitely matches my room...
What were some of your favorites this month? I'd love to hear from you! XOXO

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of the blusher, and 'Kitten' is a gorgeous shade!
    Sorry to hear about your arm, hope it heals quickly!!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blush looks gorgeous. I hope your arm heals quickly! At least the splint is cute!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post! I haven't used many of these myself but I love my Burt's Bees - that day lotion looks awesome. Following you on Bloglovin now and looking forward to new posts xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!