Friday, March 28, 2014

The Bold, the Trendy, and the Natural

Since my spending ban started, I had been wanting to try the new orange lip phase (the trendy), a new red lipgloss or stick of some sort (the bold), and a sheer natural pink shade (the natural).  I picked these up at CVS while waiting to pick up my prescription.



 Here is what I chose for the bold, Revlon's Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Top Tomato, color number 050.  I've worn this a couple of times and it doesn't budge for hours.  I really like the color because it's a red that stays and won't leave residue or a bright ring of red around your mouth.  The applicator is just typical, your traditional doe foot applicator.  I am really thrilled that I picked this one up.

 This time I decided to dabble in a new color and purchased an orange  colored lip product. The color is called Tease and the number is 130. I absolutely adore the Revlon Colorburst "chubby sticks".  One reason I love the whole product line of chubby sticks is that they all taste like mint and make your lips all tingly.  It's not as red as the picture below, but it's not super orange which makes it wearable  for me.  I was nervous  about trying this color because I am so fair, but it really surprised me.  Fair skinned girls, here's your trendy lip color for the year.

 The final product I picked up was, surprisingly, not of the Revlon brand but that of Covergirl.  With all of the new chubby stick lip colors coming to almost every line imaginable, I just had to give this a try.   This is the color number 217 which I believe is called Frosted Strawberry.  Below is about ten swipes of the color which you have to do in order to get a more opaque color but for a more natural look, one or two swipes will give you a nice sheer color over your lips.  I was sort of sad that it didn't smell like mint, but you can't have everything!

2 comments:

  1. Omg that orange colour looks so awesome! I can't wait to see a look with it!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!