Saturday, March 22, 2014

FOTD: A Professional Affair

 Hello my lovely ladies! Today I'm going to describe the look I wore the other day to House Manage the show A Shayna Maidel.  You always have to look put together and professional, which means doing my makeup all nice and fancy.  You can't really see in the picture, but I was wearing a black and white polka dot dress with a mesh top and then a white sweater. Very 50's-60's. Now onto the makeup!

To say that the lighting in my room is bad is an understatement but I tried to get the best picture I could.  I used my Glinda palette on my eyes, including the eggplant colored eyeliner.  I used the light gold color as my base all over my lid.  I then took the duochrome pink color that is my favorite out of the entire palette, and put that on the inner half (closest to the nose) of my eye lid.  I then took the purple color, which I believe is called Tornado and did the outer crease of my eyelid and formed a winged shape.  I then tried something I had never done before  and only lined my eyes half way, and tapered it off as I got closer to my nose.  I noticed that this technique really helped to open up my eyes and make them look bigger.  For my cheeks, i used one of my favorite blushes- Stila Convertible Color in Petunia because it gives my cheeks a dewy glow. On my lips I used my Revlon Lacquer Balm in number 150 Enticing.  What do you think of this look? XOXO

3 comments:

  1. I hate to be a debbie downer, but as a stephens girl, this blog is a total disappointment! Why is there only 1 picture and a long paragraph describing how to do it? Most people are visual learners, so providing step by step pictures would help you to gain more followers. I waisted 2 minutes reading this when I could have easily been reading someone elses or watching the tutorials on youtube. Update & improve your blog and I might be back. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! I am madly in love with the dress you are wearing, the mesh part is so cool!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!