Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ulta Haul plus some MAJOR finds at the Nordstrom Rack

Hello my lovelies!  How has your week been going so far? As it is very well known by now, my spending ban is over which made going into Ulta's that much better.  The main thing I was after was the ever popular Naked 3 palette  and I didn't see it and started to freak out but then one of the lovely workers informed me that the Naked palettes were being kept behind the counter, so I calmed down. I then went over to the Nordstrom Rack just across the way and instead of just finding clothes they had major products like Lorac, Stila, and Urban Decay.  I got an Essie nailpolish that would usually retail for at least $8 for $6.95 and my favorite find was Urban Decay's primer potion in Greed which is usually around $20 for $10.  To say I snatched that up fast would be an understatement.  If you want a better description of the products I got, keep on reading!
These are the things I received as a free gift or as a last second purchase (i.e. the brush and nail file)
As seen above, I also purchased my first nail file- I know, I know, blasphemy for a makeup addict like myself to never have owned a file but I just can't stand the sound but I'm getting better at it.  Also, it's pink and sparkly, how could I resist? The item next to the nail file was a gift with purchase and is the It's a 10 Miracle Leave in with Keratin.  I've been wanting to try one of the It's a 10 products for a while and this is a great way to do it.  Next to that is a little Benefit free gift with purchase, it's cute and I will definitely be using it.  The final piece in this picture a lot of people will recognize as the Real Techniques stippling brush.  I've been wanting to get my hands on one of these but every time I could get it before this I stopped myself.
This is my favorite tint made by Benefit, Posie Tint.  It gives my lips that just flushed kind of look.  I used to own one but it sadly broke when I was traveling and I hadn't replaced it.  Today I decided that I could allow myself to finally get it.  I enjoy Bene Tint too but I love this one more.  Below is a swatch of the product. 

I finally did it, I was finally able to get my hands on the Naked 3 palette.  I am really pleased with this product and expect I will be using it very often.  I love the rose gold hue to the shadows in the tin.  It was also really awesome that it came with four samples of their most popular eye primers, I think that is a really great way to introduce a person to some of the other Urban Decay products.
'
 The Naked 3 palette in all of it's glory.  Don't you think that they are just gorgeous?
This is one of the many high end makeup products that I found at the Nordstrom Rack, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Greed.  I have friends who use the original of this product and they absolutely love it. and personally I really don't want to keep using drugstore primer because it always creases about halfway through the day.  I can't wait to give this a try!

 The final product I purchased was Essie nail polish in Rock the Boat. Now, Essie usually retails around the $8 mark but I got this for $6.95 at the Nordstrom Rack.  I just gave this a try on my nail and have come to the realization that it is going to need a few coats to become completely opaque.  Except for that little detail, it is a beautiful nail polish.  It's a baby blue with very subtle shimmer running through.

I hope you're all having a good week! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Nordstrom rack is always a great place to get makeup! :) Everything is always really discounted! I've even seen things from the Balm and Nars in there!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be looking in there more often when it comes to makeup!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my posts, it really does mean the world to me! I read each and everyone of your comments and try my best to reply to each one individually. Have a great day!